mp3 codec sdk
Author Message
 mp3 codec sdk

I am looking for a .dll or .obj for mp3 encode/decode (VB6 or C++ usage).
I need 8KHz sampling rate and 8Kbps compression.
May be XAudio a right choice for decoder?.
And FastEnc by Fraunhofer for encoder?
Where is possible to find or buy the Fraunhofer FastEnc sdk? What is the price?
There is anybody that can send me a copy for evaluation purpose? :))
Many thanks.

Lucky

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 14:37:28 GMT
 mp3 codec sdk

: I am looking for a .dll or .obj for mp3 encode/decode (VB6 or C++ usage).
: I need 8KHz sampling rate and 8Kbps compression.

Standard MP3 doesn't support 8kHz sampling, the lowest it goes is 16kHz. If
you want 8kHz you'll need to use Fraunhofer's "MPEG-2.5" extension.

: May be XAudio a right choice for decoder?.
: And FastEnc by Fraunhofer for encoder?

Or LAME for both, http://www.mp3dev.org . Fraunhofer's encoder is probably
better tuned for bitrates that low, but 8kbit/s MP3 is going to sound pretty
awful whatever you use...

: Where is possible to find or buy the Fraunhofer FastEnc sdk? What is the price?

See http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/software.html

-- Mat.

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:19:54 GMT

1. MP3 and CODEC use from VB6

2. Fraunhofer MP3 codec

3. Windows ACM Codec / MPEG ACM Codec

4. 2000 SDK vs 2002 SDK

5. Help i need an Mp3 control that plays mp3's

6. Retrieving Codec from MediaPlayer OCX

7. About Codec

8. AVI codec

9. Using a Codec from VB

10. detect installed codec/avoid upgrading

11. audio codec with multimedia control