visual basic default Project Opening File Location
Author Message
 visual basic default Project Opening File Location

My Visual Basic programs are located on a different hard drive from
the location of the Visual Basic Application. Consequently I have to
browse every time I open VB. How can I change the default folder
location so that when VB opens it points to the appropriate location?

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:22:37 GMT
 visual basic default Project Opening File Location
Change the "Start in" location in the properties of the desktop or start
menu shortcut you use to invoke the VB IDE

Quote:
> My visual basic programs are located on a different hard drive from
> the location of the Visual Basic Application. Consequently I have to
> browse every time I open VB. How can I change the default folder
> location so that when VB opens it points to the appropriate location?

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:42:11 GMT
 visual basic default Project Opening File Location

Quote:

> My visual basic programs are located on a different hard drive from
> the location of the Visual Basic Application. Consequently I have to
> browse every time I open VB. How can I change the default folder
> location so that when VB opens it points to the appropriate location?

IIRC, thish question was answered here previously: use the "Start in:"
field of the VB link properties tab from the Start menu. Place the
required path there.

Yaniv.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:38:05 GMT
 visual basic default Project Opening File Location
For lack of a better response...

Search for the "DefaultOpenProjectLocation" key in the registry.
However, I believe that the item can be set via the GUI.

Quote:

> My visual basic programs are located on a different hard drive from
> the location of the Visual Basic Application. Consequently I have to
> browse every time I open VB. How can I change the default folder
> location so that when VB opens it points to the appropriate location?

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:11:17 GMT

1. Default subdirectory when opening visual basic (6)

2. Default subdirectory when opening visual basic (6)

3. visual basic open project problem

4. Can't open data control in MS Visual Basic Editor for MS project

5. Opening Projects in Visual Basic

6. setting location of data files in CrystalReport via Visual Basic

7. VB4 default project location

8. Open URL location with default browser from VB3?

9. Visual Basic Project to Import Delimited file to Access

10. backup of Visual Basic project files

11. Visual Basic VS Visual C++ for project

12. Visual C++ 4.2 OCX in a Visual Basic Project