reading binary files
Author Message
 reading binary files

Is there an equivalent of an unsigned int or unsigned char data type in VB?
I want to be able to read a file byte after byte, so I want the values to be
0...256 and not  -127... 128

thanx

Patrick

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 reading binary files
data type of Byte is 0-255

-David

Quote:
> Is there an equivalent of an unsigned int or unsigned char data type in
VB?
> I want to be able to read a file byte after byte, so I want the values to
be
> 0...256 and not  -127... 128

> thanx

> Patrick

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 reading binary files
Byte values are just that, VB does not convert to unsigned or signed unless
you try to apply those byte values directly to integers etc.
Just read the file into a byte() array and process as you require.

Quote:
> Is there an equivalent of an unsigned int or unsigned char data type in
VB?
> I want to be able to read a file byte after byte, so I want the values to
be
> 0...256 and not  -127... 128

> thanx

> Patrick

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 reading binary files
Is there  an equivalent of unsigned int   ?

to have 0.. 65535   and not  -32767  ... 32768

Patrick

Quote:

>Byte values are just that, VB does not convert to unsigned or signed unless
>you try to apply those byte values directly to integers etc.
>Just read the file into a byte() array and process as you require.

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 reading binary files
The only unsigned datatype in VB is Byte. This is a variable that will hold
the numbers 0 - 255. Every other datatype is signed.

Good Luck

Quote:
> Is there an equivalent of an unsigned int or unsigned char data type in
VB?
> I want to be able to read a file byte after byte, so I want the values to
be
> 0...256 and not  -127... 128

> thanx

> Patrick

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. reading binary file and writing into a random access file

2. Reading binary file stream

3. Reading binary file into an array

4. Reading binary files in VBScript

5. Reading binary files.