How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box
Author Message
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box

Hello,

I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

George

Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the forMain)

Private Sub Form_Load()
    forCheckIdeas.Show
    picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

    Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
    chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
    If chkdir1 = "" Then
        imgExeRed.Visible = True
        bolFoundIdeasExe = False
    Else
        imgExeGreen.Visible = True
        bolFoundIdeasExe = True
    End If

    picSearching.Visible = False
    Sleep (1000)
End Sub

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:20:26 GMT
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:20:26 -0500, "George Vandyke"

VB doesn't have a control that can show animated gifs.
The only option is to use a WebBrowser control, which is a rather
resource hungry thing to be used for this purpose alone.
Try google to see if someone has mentioned one already, or  look
around for "VB animated gif ocx"  in a search engine, there are quite
a few out there, but i'm drawing a blank on any of their names.

Quote:
>Hello,

>I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
>searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
>I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in Advance.

>George

>Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the forMain)

>Private Sub Form_Load()
>    forCheckIdeas.Show
>    picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

>    Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
>    chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
>    If chkdir1 = "" Then
>        imgExeRed.Visible = True
>        bolFoundIdeasExe = False
>    Else
>        imgExeGreen.Visible = True
>        bolFoundIdeasExe = True
>    End If

>    picSearching.Visible = False
>    Sleep (1000)
>End Sub

Regards, Frank.

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:19:06 GMT
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box
There is a control called Gif89a that will display transparent animated Gifs
for you. Try a search engine and you should turn it up. If you have
difficulty finding it then I can email you a copy.

Mike

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
> searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
> I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance.

> George

> Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the forMain)

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     forCheckIdeas.Show
>     picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

>     Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
>     chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
>     If chkdir1 = "" Then
>         imgExeRed.Visible = True
>         bolFoundIdeasExe = False
>     Else
>         imgExeGreen.Visible = True
>         bolFoundIdeasExe = True
>     End If

>     picSearching.Visible = False
>     Sleep (1000)
> End Sub

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:00:05 GMT
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box

Quote:

> Hello,

> I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
> searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
> I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in Advance.

> George

> Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the forMain)

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     forCheckIdeas.Show
>     picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

>     Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
>     chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
>     If chkdir1 = "" Then
>         imgExeRed.Visible = True
>         bolFoundIdeasExe = False
>     Else
>         imgExeGreen.Visible = True
>         bolFoundIdeasExe = True
>     End If

>     picSearching.Visible = False
>     Sleep (1000)
> End Sub

You can find an animated gif control at this site.
http://www.lebans.com/DownloadFiles/AnimatedGifCtlSource.zip
I used it in one of my apps. I would not use this for what you are
wanting to do. Just a suggestion, but I would use the MS common
controls 2 animation ctrl with an avi. I use it for file copy or file
find waits....

Hope this helped...
Brian

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:22:41 GMT
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box
You could use the WebBrowser control and then navigate to the file or
try the control at http://cuinl.tripod.com/activex-5.htm

Rob Reffner

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:20:26 -0500, "George Vandyke"

Quote:

>Hello,

>I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
>searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
>I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in Advance.

>George

>Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the forMain)

>Private Sub Form_Load()
>    forCheckIdeas.Show
>    picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

>    Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
>    chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
>    If chkdir1 = "" Then
>        imgExeRed.Visible = True
>        bolFoundIdeasExe = False
>    Else
>        imgExeGreen.Visible = True
>        bolFoundIdeasExe = True
>    End If

>    picSearching.Visible = False
>    Sleep (1000)
>End Sub

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:56:50 GMT
 How to display an animated gif in a Picture Box, Image Box
The IE logo uses a BMP "film" to show the animated globe. It would probably
be a lot of work but you could do it that way with a picture box. You'd need
a BMP with the separate pictures in a row, then scroll the BMP at intervals.

> You could use the WebBrowser control and then navigate to the file or
> try the control at http://cuinl.tripod.com/activex-5.htm

> Rob Reffner

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 17:20:26 -0500, "George Vandyke"

> >Hello,

> >I have an animated GIF i'd like to be showing before the program
> >searches for some files. But when I run the code the gif is not animated.
> >I tried setting AUtoDraw to true didn't work.
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> >Thanks in Advance.

> >George

> >Code :  (the Form_Load is call by referencing a property from the
forMain)

> >Private Sub Form_Load()
> >    forCheckIdeas.Show
> >    picSearching.Visible = True       ' THIS IS THE ANIMATED GIF

> >    Sleep (1000)    ' Declared API call
> >    chkdir1 = Dir(forMain.txtIdeasBinLoc.Text & "\ideas.cmd")
> >    If chkdir1 = "" Then
> >        imgExeRed.Visible = True
> >        bolFoundIdeasExe = False
> >    Else
> >        imgExeGreen.Visible = True
> >        bolFoundIdeasExe = True
> >    End If

> >    picSearching.Visible = False
> >    Sleep (1000)
> >End Sub

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:25:14 GMT

1. GIF enabled picture/image box for VB4 16 bit

2. display bitmap without using image or picture box

3. displaying image on picture box control over the web

4. image box:Display picture when Linked .wmf is clicked

5. Display SQL image in VB5 picture box

6. Display bitmap in Image or picture box

7. How to move Picture box to Image box?

8. Picture Box and Image Box

9. Printing picture box or image box

10. Picture Box and Image Box (DATA)

11. Image Box/Picture Box Controls

12. rotating an image box or picture box