VB 3.0, Access 2.0 and Crystal Reports 2.0
Author Message
 VB 3.0, Access 2.0 and Crystal Reports 2.0

Hello,

I am currently developing a system using Visual Basic 3.0, Access 2.0
and Crystal Reports 2.0 (that came with Visual Basic Professional
Edition).  I read somewhere that you needed to use the Compatibility
Layer in order to access Access 2.0 databases from VB and Crystal.  So,
I installed the Compatibility Layer from my Microsoft Developer's Kit
and followed the instructions to upgrade both VB and Crystal.  The
Visual Basic part works fine, but the Crystal Reports does not.  When I
tried to open an Access 2.0 database without the Layer, I got a
"Database not recognized error".  However, since installing the
Compatibility Layer, I am now getting a General Protection Fault when I
try to open an Access 2.0 database.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Does anyone know how to
resolve it?

Any ideas, suggestions or comments would be GREATLY appreciated as I am
now at wits end with this problem.

Thanks!

Peter

Mon, 21 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install Access 2.0 Cmpt Layer w/o Access 2.0 for VB 3.0

2. VB 3.0 + Access 2.0 + Crystal Reports 4.0

3. Access 2.0 and VB Pro 3.0 Crystal Reports

4. Crystal Reports 3.0 with Access 2.0?

5. Help Crystal Report and VB and Access 2.0

6. howto access Access 2.0 under VB 3.0

7. VB 4.0, Access 2.0, or VC++ 2.0?

8. VB 4.0, Access 2.0, or VC++ 2.0?

9. VB 2.0 and Access 1.0 / 2.0 Problem.

10. VB 3.0 and Access 2.0

11. Access 2.0/VB 3.0/SQL 6.5 simultaneous read problem

12. VB 3.0, Access 2.0, and Windows 95 OSRV2 Problems