VB5: Hooking Windows Messages / minimized program
Author Message
 VB5: Hooking Windows Messages / minimized program

Dear Group,

I need some help on hooking windows messages, an issue I never had
contact with before...

I have a sample program which hooks messages to receive data from an
external application (Wintab driver, but Wintab shouldn't be the
problem). Everything works fine, as long as my program is the active
foreground application. Whenever I minimize it or give focus to
another program, it doesn't get the data any more.

The sample program uses the following routines:

Public Sub Hook_Windows_Messages()
    'make wndMessage the destination of the windows messages
    glOldWindowProc = SetWindowLong(glWindowHandle, GWL_WNDPROC,
AddressOf WndMessage)
End Sub

WndMessage is a public function.

What do I have to change that my program get's the data, regardless if
it's minimized, in background or whatever?

Bye, Christian

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Hook into Windows System Message Queue?

2. Hooks, Windows Messages and ActiveX ....

3. HELP: Message Hook in VB5

4. Message Hook mechanism in VB5?

5. Windows Minimize Message

6. Trap the Windows Message for The Minimize button on a form

7. Windows hook and control hook

8. Subclassing and Windows Hooks in VB5

9. How to Minimize other windows-programs?

10. Minimizing other program's windows from VB?

11. Minimize the Windows in the VB5 Editor

12. VB5: Minimize App in windows toolbar?