Error 52 as indicator of Network Error???
Author Message
 Error 52 as indicator of Network Error???

Does anyone know if VB uses Error 52 (Bad File Name or Number) as
the cop-out error when a file that resides on the server (i.e.,
across a network interface) is not momentarily available?

I have an app that successfully opens the file but periodically
will get error 52's that can sometimes be gotten rid of by
_retrying_ the i/o.

Or have I answered my own question?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Joe Erhardt

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:32:08 GMT
 Error 52 as indicator of Network Error???
On Wed, 28 May 2003 00:32:08 GMT, "Joseph M. Erhardt"

Quote:

>Does anyone know if VB uses Error 52 (Bad File Name or Number) as
>the cop-out error when a file that resides on the server (i.e.,
>across a network interface) is not momentarily available?

>I have an app that successfully opens the file but periodically
>will get error 52's that can sometimes be gotten rid of by
>_retrying_ the i/o.

>Or have I answered my own question?

"Yes" would be my answer to your questioning your answer with regards
to your previous question, which was already answered by the
questioner even before i could get to answer it..  HTH. :)

Quote:
>Thanks in advance for any comments.

Are you sure ? (Y/N) ;-p

--

Regards, Frank

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:49:48 GMT

1. FileCopy Error 52 Bad FileName or number

2. run time error "52": bad file name or number

3. Error No 52

4. Bad file name or number error 52

5. Setup caused runtime error 52 - bad file name or number

6. File Error 52 on NT4

7. Bad file name or number error 52

8. How to trap Run-Time Error 52?

9. Error 52 on FileCopy

10. Run-time error '52': Bad file name or number

11. Error 52 - Bad file name or number

12. Run Time Error '52'