VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)
Author Message
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the control.
I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
updated the ComCtl32.OCX)

To recreate:
Open a blank project and add the Windows Common Controls 5.0 to the the
project.
Add the listview control to the form.
Right-Click the control and go into the Properties dialog.
Set the View property to 3 - lvwReport
Click the ColumnHeaders Tab
Insert 2 Columnheaders (just add some text to the text field for each, no
key necessary)
Click OK to Save your settings.
Save the project and form and Exit VB 5.

Start VB again and open your project.
Right-click on the ListView and open the properties.
Click on the ColumnHeaders Tab and you should GPF now.

This problem is happening to all the developers at my office. It occurs in
both 95 and NT 4.0.  I would like to see if anyone else is seeing this
behavior.  There was no mention of this problem at the MS KnowledgeBase.

I really appreciate anyone recreating this anomally.

Thanks in advance!!!

Matt Peebles
MIDS, Inc.

Sun, 30 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

Quote:

>I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
>ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the control.
>I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
>updated the ComCtl32.OCX)

Yes! we're getting that too with COMCTL32.OCX 5.00.3828. Quite
consistent and btw see my previous post on COMCTL32 and .OCAs. Would
you believe this!. MS are really losing it here.

Sun, 30 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

Quote:
>I really appreciate anyone recreating this anomally.

Unfortunately I also could reproduce the GPF :-(
VB5, with ServicePack, on Win95.

DoDi

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

2. Using icon in a ListView ColumnHeader (VB5.0)

3. ********* The problems you can have using Dim with NEW and VB 6.0 MSComctlLib service pack 3

4. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

5. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

6. ListView blinks when adding columnheaders at run time

7. Win2000/VB5 problem - no design-time use of common version 6.0 controls

8. Visual Studio .NET Beta 2 Service Pack 2 fixes time limitation

9. VB5, Run-time much slower than Design-time

10. Problem in using Crystal Report Design Time Control in Visual Interdev 6.0

11. VB5 Service Pack 3

12. vb5: Service Pack 2 & 3