Modal forms stuck behind main window - VB 3.0 on WIN 95
Author Message
 Modal forms stuck behind main window - VB 3.0 on WIN 95

Sorry if this one has been discussed before.  If someone out there as a quick
answer, it will be great.  Here's the problem:

In VB3 on Win95, I've got an about box which I show modally from a menu item.
If I click on the task bar (system tray, or whatever you want to call it), the
main application window regains focus and burries the about box behind it.
There is then no way to access the about box again, as mouse clicks aren't
recognized by the main form.  Any ideas?

Thanks much, in advance.

Ed Hazen

Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Modal forms stuck behind main window - VB 3.0 on WIN 95

Quote:

> Sorry if this one has been discussed before.  If someone out there as a quick
> answer, it will be great.  Here's the problem:

> In VB3 on Win95, I've got an about box which I show modally from a menu item.
> If I click on the task bar (system tray, or whatever you want to call it), the
> main application window regains focus and burries the about box behind it.
> There is then no way to access the about box again, as mouse clicks aren't
> recognized by the main form.  Any ideas?

> Thanks much, in advance.

> Ed Hazen

I'm not sure, as I use VB 4, but I'll do my best to help you.  If you're
using a line like:

formAbout.Show

in your program, just change this line to:

formAbout.Show 1

This will make it so that the application can't regain focus until
fromAbout is unloaded.  If this works, great, if not, sorry.

Jason McKenna
-------------
Computer's arn't intelligent, they just think they are.

Mon, 01 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Modal forms stuck behind main window - VB 3.0 on WIN 95

Try adding 4096 to the msgbox function value. This will suspend all
currently running applications until the user responds to your message
box. I hope I understood your post correctly.
                          Ty

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS stance on setup wiz problem (VB 3.0 /Win 95 distrib to earlier Wins)

2. Sytem modal FORM for invalid logins for win 95

3. Modal Form (Win 95)

4. Modal forms in Windows 95

5. VB 3.0 and Win 95

6. VB 3.0 Can't Find Database in Win 95

7. VxD error upon leaving Win 95 VB 3.0 development environment

8. VxD VMM error while running VB 3.0 applications on WIn '95

9. Problem with winexec using VB 3.0 app on Win 95

10. Font Common Dialg in Win 95 using VB 3.0

11. VB 3.0 and Rumba EHNAPPC.DLL for Win 95

12. Common Dialog Problem (Win '95 VB 3.0)