VB3 app Setup under Win95
Author Message
 VB3 app Setup under Win95

We have an application setup which creates a group containing a number
of icons.

Without Explorer running it correctly creates a group under
\Windows\Start menu\Programs, this group containing all the icons for
the user to run the application.

If Explorer is running no group is created under  \Windows\Start
menu\Programs so the user cannot easily find the application to run it.

What is happening here?

We have tried to find if Explorer is running during the setup so we can
terminate it before the application is actually installed (if you do
this manually it works OK) but when we look for the Explorer task using
the following calls to find and kill any Explorer windows:
  iHInst = GetWindowWord(hWnd, GWW_HInstance)
  iRc = GetModuleFileName(iHInst, sFileName$, 128)
  X& = SendMessage(hWnd, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_CLOSE, NILL)

It always wants to shutdown Win95 (it seems to think this is Explorer)
and only sometimes terminates Explorer.

It is like the setup thinks that Explorer is Program Manager.

Do we have to do something different if running our setup under Win95?

Thanks for all help.

--
Rodney Howlett

Avebury Computing Ltd
England
Tel/fax: +44 (0)1494-776142

Web site: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. setup program for VB3 to run under win95

2. VB3 Setup Wizard under Win95?

3. VB3 setup under WIN95!!!

4. VB3 Setup on WIN95!!

5. VB3.0prof under win95 setup program!!!

6. Setup Wizzard with VB3 & Win95

7. VB3.0 setup in WIN95

8. Setup In VB3 with Win95

9. WIN95 and VB3.0 setup wizard

10. setup program for VB3 to run under win95

11. setup program for VB3 to run under win95

12. Creating an NT App setup to work on Win95