Student needs help with VB API
Author Message
 Student needs help with VB API

Hello group, this is my first posting to this newsgroup, so if it's off
topic I appologiese. I am starting to learn the Windows API, I am teaching
myself so it is a little difficult as you can imagine. I am a little
confused as how to define an call a API/DLL function and are there any web
sites that can give me a list of the various functions that can be
performed?

Thanks group for all your help.

--
Registered Linux user number 182404
The only thing that matters is the force of one's expression

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API
Look up "Windows API, accessing" in the MSDN online help.  See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/devprods/vs6/vbasic/vbcon98/vbconac....
Quote:

> Hello group, this is my first posting to this newsgroup, so if it's off
> topic I appologiese. I am starting to learn the Windows API, I am teaching
> myself so it is a little difficult as you can imagine. I am a little
> confused as how to define an call a API/DLL function and are there any web
> sites that can give me a list of the various functions that can be
> performed?

> Thanks group for all your help.

> --
> Registered Linux user number 182404
> The only thing that matters is the force of one's expression
> --
> Please remove NOSPAM from address to repy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API

thoughts were released on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:33:10 -0000
bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Hello group, this is my first posting to this newsgroup, so if it's off
>topic I appologiese. I am starting to learn the Windows API, I am teaching
>myself so it is a little difficult as you can imagine. I am a little
>confused as how to define an call a API/DLL function and are there any web
>sites that can give me a list of the various functions that can be
>performed?

>Thanks group for all your help.

As well as web sites you might consider buying 'Visual Basic
Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API' by Dan Appleman.

Also there is an API newsgroup microsoft.public.vb.winapi
which may be of great help.

>Registered Linux user number 182404
>The only thing that matters is the force of one's expression
>--
>Please remove NOSPAM from address to repy

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API
You could try some of the following

http://vb-world.net/api/
http://www.vbapi.com
http://www.allapi.com

hope this helps

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API

You can also use the vb api text viewer. This comes with vb and list all the
declares, functions etc.. for Win32, Mapi32. Access it by going to your start
menu - Visual Basic - Api text Viewer. Play around with it for a while, its
really useful.

Quote:

> thoughts were released on Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:33:10 -0000
> bearing the following fruit:

> >Hello group, this is my first posting to this newsgroup, so if it's off
> >topic I appologiese. I am starting to learn the Windows API, I am teaching
> >myself so it is a little difficult as you can imagine. I am a little
> >confused as how to define an call a API/DLL function and are there any web
> >sites that can give me a list of the various functions that can be
> >performed?

> >Thanks group for all your help.

> As well as web sites you might consider buying 'Visual Basic
> Programmer's Guide to the Win32 API' by Dan Appleman.

> Also there is an API newsgroup microsoft.public.vb.winapi
> which may be of great help.

> >Registered Linux user number 182404
> >The only thing that matters is the force of one's expression
> >--
> >Please remove NOSPAM from address to repy

  risser.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Student needs help with VB API
Thaks for all the help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Student new to vb needs urgent help!

2. Students needing help in VB?

3. Students needing help with VB Homework?

4. VB Student needs help, please.

5. Students Needing VB help?

6. VB student needs some help, please.

7. VB Student needs help with one question, Please?

8. HELP!! Student needs help with module/form error

9. Student needs help with record sets

10. Student Needs Help with a VB6 Problem....

11. Student Needs help with Visual Basic Database Programming

12. Student Needs Help