Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file
Author Message
 Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file

I am trying to determine how I can capture sound (voice or music)
information from the sound card (mic input) without having to save it to
a WAV file and then extract the information.  I can do the WAV extract,
but I would like to get the data (signal magnitude and sample time
steps) directly from the sound card to allow me to do a relatively
"real-time" processing of the audio signals.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction (VB API calls or sample
VB code) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron Fonden

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Capturing sound info from sound card without a WAV file
I'm pretty sure you'll be very interested in the sample program given for
the WaveIn/Out API calls on www.allapi.net

John

Ronald Fonden heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>I am trying to determine how I can capture sound (voice or music)
>information from the sound card (mic input) without having to save it to
<SNIP>
>Ron Fonden

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to produce sounds without a sound card

2. Sound Card <-> Sound Card Via Data

3. Detecting sound card for playing WAV files

4. Playing *.wav file w/out sound card.

5. Playing WAV file in Win 95 with no sound card

6. Sound without a .wav file?

7. sound via sound card?

8. QBasic Sound Programs using Sound Blaster and Adlib Cards Here

9. Get sound from Sound Card

10. Caputure sound from microphone ( connected with sound card )in VB6

11. Directing Sound to modem or sound card

12. Making sound through sound card