printer woes..
Author Message
 printer woes..

I need to change paper bins on  a network printer. I tried using the
Paperbin property, and it does not work! Called MS they said "oh yea, we
know that the Paper bin property does not work!" whats more they said,
and I quote: "There are no plans to fix this problem in VB4!!" So I am
left with trying to change the paper bins using the API. If anyone has
an example on how to do this with VB4-32 I would appreciate an E-Mail
at:

                        thanks...

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 printer woes..

Quote:
> I need to change paper bins on  a network printer. I tried using the
> Paperbin property, and it does not work! Called MS they said "oh yea, we
> know that the Paper bin property does not work!" whats more they said,
> and I quote: "There are no plans to fix this problem in VB4!!" So I am
> left with trying to change the paper bins using the API. If anyone has
> an example on how to do this with VB4-32 I would appreciate an E-Mail
> at:

Download my VBPRINT library from my webpage below.  The DLL allows you to
do what you are requesting, plus a whole lot more.

Specifically, you'll be using a DEVMODE structure and calling the ResetDC()
function.  Sample code is included in the zipfile for VB4 16/32-bit and
VB3.

It is free and includes the DLL source code.  You may distribute freely.

--
Robert Simpson
Programmer at Large

http://www.primenet.com/~simpson

Mon, 19 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic Printer Woes

2. Printer Woes (Visual Basic)

3. Printer Woes

4. Printer Woes......

5. Printer Woes

6. printer woes

7. Printer WOES

8. Printer Woes!

9. Stretchblt to printer woes ... (aka please help!)

10. Printer API woes

11. Printer API woes

12. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb