How do I use WINSOCK.DLL
Author Message
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's

Thanx

---------------

Computing Services, Univ of the Orange Free State, South Africa

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 21:15:01 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

>Subject: How do I use WINSOCK.DLL
>Date: Fri, 10 Mar 95 13:15:01 GMT
>I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
>HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's

Then you're gonna have to write your own!! Read up on developing custom
controls. You'll also need to pick up a copy of the Winsock Specification.

Good Luck!!

Mick

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:26:47 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

> I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
> HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's
>
> Thanx

But why!?? Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's freeware and coding any kind
of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!

                                bye, Dino

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 01:40:31 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

>  > I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
>  > HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's
>  >
>  > Thanx

>  But why!?? Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's freeware and coding any kind
>  of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!

OK, where do I get it? Thanks!

_/_/_/_/_/_/
    _/

  _/

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:53:42 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

> I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
> HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's

Check out /pub at ftp.netmanage.com.  They have a complete sample program that
does a good job of showing you how to incorporate WINSOCK into a VB program.

Sat, 30 Aug 1997 16:55:03 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

>Subject: Re: How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

>Date: 13 Mar 1995 17:40:31 GMT

>> I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
>> HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's
>>
>> Thanx
>But why!?? Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's freeware and coding any kind
>of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!
>                                bye, Dino

It is not FREEWARE.  Read the documentation.  It is Shareware.

        Alex Kiefer              |
     Computer Engineer           |   To think is to differ.
Antarctic Support Associates     |

Sun, 31 Aug 1997 04:06:15 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL
Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's    and coding any kind

Quote:
> >of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!

Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?
(My reader be _very_touchy if I try and post something shorter
than the original)
Later,
Sam

Mon, 01 Sep 1997 00:02:45 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:
>Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's    and coding any kind
>> >of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!

>Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?

haven't tried it yet, but found it in:

     ftp://ftp.cica.indiana.edu/pub/pc/win3/programr/vbasic/ipport09.zip

--
 /\-----------------------------------------------------------------------/\
/\/\             Jeff Miller - TERRA's Systems Administrator             /\/\

Tue, 02 Sep 1997 12:02:52 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL
Quote:

>>  > I am trying to write a very simple vb application that must just give me my
>>  > HostName by using WINSOCK.DLL, I don't want to use any third party VBX's
>>  >
>>  > Thanx

To use the gethostname API call you first need to call WSAStartup, then gethostname
and finally a call to WSACleanup.  If all you want is the hostname then that's it.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Stephen Cramp              Developer of dsSocket
Dolphin Systems Inc.       TCP/IP custom control
(905) 838-2896

Tue, 02 Sep 1997 09:53:25 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

I have bought Waite Group's  'Visual Basic How-To'  book which included a
disk containing a GIF viewer (GIFBOX.VBX).
But when I included this into my VB 30  application, I experienced strange
problems.

Has anyone used this VBX ?
Is it working?
Any bugs / problems?

Tue, 02 Sep 1997 20:35:35 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

>>Subject: Re: How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

>>Date: 13 Mar 1995 17:40:31 GMT

>>But why!?? Just use IPPORT.VBX 0.9, it's freeware and coding any kind
>>of TCP-Applications is childsplay with it! Check it out!

>>                                bye, Dino

>It is not FREEWARE.  Read the documentation.  It is Shareware.

Actually It depends on the version your using.

IPPort .9 is in essence a freeware beta  the only registration is to send
emasl or a letter to the authors

IPPort 1.0 is Sharware.

Brian

Brian Towles                   |The Last Words of the Great Philosopher
QNSnet Technical Representative|               Socrates

http://www.qns.com/~brian/briant.html

Tue, 02 Sep 1997 22:03:22 GMT
 How do I use WINSOCK.DLL

Quote:

>I have bought Waite Group's  'Visual Basic How-To'  book which included
>disk containing a GIF viewer (GIFBOX.VBX).
>But when I included this into my VB 30  application, I experienced
strange
>problems.

>Has anyone used this VBX ?
>Is it working?
>Any bugs / problems?

I used it, it worked fine.....
Did you try the sample App, Chapter 1.9?
thanx

Wed, 03 Sep 1997 08:51:37 GMT

 [ 22 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. doing winsock with the dll instead of the mswinsock control

2. using a winsock control in a DLL

3. Problems using winsock control in an ActtiveX DLL

4. Using Winsock in an ActiveX Dll

5. Using Winsock from within a ActiveX DLL

6. Active X dll using winsock

7. Using Winsock.dll with VB4.0?

8. Need help with VB using winsock.dll

9. Using a Winsock Control in a ActiveX DLL

10. Using a Winsock Control in a ActiveX DLL

11. activeX dll, using Winsock and some kind of a timer

12. Using Winsock in an ActiveX Dll