Noone likes newbies??
Author Message
 Noone likes newbies??

I have a famous PWD (password protected access db) problem:

    Set wrkInf = CreateWorkspace("W1", "Admin", "", dbUseJet)
    Temp = App.Path & "\info.mdb"
    Set dbInf = wrkInf.OpenDatabase(Temp, , , "ODBC; PWD=secret")
    Set rsInf = dbInf.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM Info")
    etc.

I've checked upper, lower case and the db path. It keeps returning err
3031 Not valid password. What do I do? I also tried without ODBC part.
What do I do? I tried all combinations.

Thanks in advance,

Marijan

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Noone likes newbies??

Quote:

>I have a famous PWD (password protected access db) problem:

>    Set wrkInf = CreateWorkspace("W1", "Admin", "", dbUseJet)
>    Temp = App.Path & "\info.mdb"
>    Set dbInf = wrkInf.OpenDatabase(Temp, , , "ODBC; PWD=secret")
>    Set rsInf = dbInf.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM Info")
>    etc.

>I've checked upper, lower case and the db path. It keeps returning err
>3031 Not valid password. What do I do? I also tried without ODBC part.
>What do I do? I tried all combinations.

>Thanks in advance,

Here is a line outta my code that works.

Set dbTemp = OpenDatabase(DBname, False, False, ";PWD=" + Password)

--
yabba
===========================

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbies amongst newbies!

2. NoOne want to Help me?

3. I can't believe noone knows this?!?!?

4. I can't believe noone knows this?!?!?

5. Noone can answer this

6. A UDT Problem noone can seem to answer??

7. Noone Responded, Still need Help!!!

8. Noone Responded, Still need Help!!!

9. Copy read-only liked tables

10. Visual Liking in .Net using TREE VIEW control

11. DDE and the likes

12. Likes CAT and Sport Query