Zelda game programmer needs some help!
Author Message
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Hi everyone!

Well, I'm doing a Zelda game and need some help. How shall I make the
attacks so that it hurts the enemy? You know when you hit someone with
the blade.

Tuaron

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Can you please be more specific with your
question? What do you mean?
Do you mean this?

Dim EnemyHealth as Integer
EnemyHealth = 500
If EnemyHit() Then
 EnemyHealth = EnemyHealth - 50
 If EnemyHealth <= 0 Then
    Call EnemyIsDead
 EndIf
EndIf

Tigran

Quote:

> Hi everyone!

> Well, I'm doing a Zelda game and need some help. How shall I make the
> attacks so that it hurts the enemy? You know when you hit someone with
> the blade.

> Tuaron

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!
You need to be sure to have your users DL SP2 for the sword module to DL
correctly.
They also need to have the phone held close to their head for maximal
effect!
Neila

Quote:

> >Well, I'm doing a Zelda game and need some help. How shall I make the
> >attacks so that it hurts the enemy? You know when you hit someone with
> >the blade.

> Well, you can always package a real sword with the game. Downloading the
sword
> might be difficult though, as a real sword is too big to fit in a regular
phone
> cord..

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!
If you want to know how to set check if they can be hit and etc.. just check
if the img or whatever is close enough to the enemy than subtract a number
of points from his total health.
Richie

--
Just My humble opinion
Richie V.

home.asp?refid=ANP-563 <--make money while you surf, Shameless promotion.
Remove NOSPAM from my address to mail me

Quote:

> Hi everyone!

> Well, I'm doing a Zelda game and need some help. How shall I make the
> attacks so that it hurts the enemy? You know when you hit someone with
> the blade.

> Tuaron

*

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Quote:

>Well, I'm doing a Zelda game and need some help. How shall I make the
>attacks so that it hurts the enemy? You know when you hit someone with
>the blade.

Well, you can always package a real sword with the game. Downloading the sword
might be difficult though, as a real sword is too big to fit in a regular phone
cord..

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Well, How do I check that the sword hit the enemy? If you use x and y
cord for the sword and the enemy it must hit exactly for damaging the
enemy.
ex. Sword x = 10, y = 11. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. False
    Sword x = 10, y = 10. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. True

In both the case the sword seems to hit the enemy but only in the lower
case it's hurt him.
How do I make so that it hurt's the enemy in both case?

Tuaron

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!
Make the area that it registers as "Hit" bigger. aka make it so the size of
the enemy is bigger. Not necessarily the picture just "registered" area of
the enemy
Richie

--
Just My humble opinion
Richie V.
while you surf, Shameless promotion.
Remove NOSPAM from my address to mail me

> Well, How do I check that the sword hit the enemy? If you use x and y
> cord for the sword and the enemy it must hit exactly for damaging the
> enemy.
> ex. Sword x = 10, y = 11. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. False
>     Sword x = 10, y = 10. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. True

> In both the case the sword seems to hit the enemy but only in the lower
> case it's hurt him.
> How do I make so that it hurt's the enemy in both case?

> Tuaron

*

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Quote:

>Well, How do I check that the sword hit the enemy? If you use x and y
>cord for the sword and the enemy it must hit exactly for damaging the
>enemy.
>ex. Sword x = 10, y = 11. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. False
>    Sword x = 10, y = 10. Enemy x = 10, y = 10. True

Sword x = 10, y = 11. (Enemy x < Sword x + 5) AND (Enemy x > Sword x - 5)
AND (Enemy y < Sword y +5) AND (Enemy y > Sword y -5)

Get the idea?

John 'RuffNeck' Willemse

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Zelda game programmer needs some help!

Thank's John!
I get the idea.

Tuaron

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Any 3D game programmers need a project?

2. Experienced Game Programmer Looking for Assistance with 2.5D Game

3. game prototype programmer needed

4. Visual Basic Game Programmers: I NEED YOU

5. vb game programmer needed... or other helper

6. Game Programmer Seeking Help.

7. VB game programmers help

8. Can someone HELP! Need help with game

9. need help with game

10. I need help with my game

11. QUICKBASIC game, need help.

12. Need help with this game I am making :(