About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....
Author Message
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

I don't think MS Common Ctrls 5.0 support
dockable toolbars. Consider looking at
third-party toolbar controls ( I can recomment
ActiveBar), or writting your own toolbar code
(which could be a lot of work)

HTH, Simon

Quote:

>1.) How to make a dockable toolbox?
>I'm making a program in vb5.0.  And I want to have floating toolboxes  that
>can dock to the program, and/or to each other.  Like the toolboxes in VB
>itself, you can  drag them around wherever you like, and they "stick" to
>the edges of the program.

>2.)I can create toolbars with the MS Win Common Control 5.0. The problem
>is i can't set the custom image for the toolbars. Can somebody help me?

> Thanx.

Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

You need the SP2 for VB 5.0 EE
It updates the common control ocx'es, and add a couple...
Among them, Coolbar (rebar).

I think SP2 is available only for Visual Studio....

Dag Sunde

--------------------------

Quote:
>I don't think MS Common Ctrls 5.0 support
>dockable toolbars. Consider looking at
>third-party toolbar controls ( I can recomment
>ActiveBar), or writting your own toolbar code
>(which could be a lot of work)

>HTH, Simon

>>1.) How to make a dockable toolbox?
>>I'm making a program in vb5.0.  And I want to have floating toolboxes
that
>>can dock to the program, and/or to each other.  Like the toolboxes in VB
>>itself, you can  drag them around wherever you like, and they "stick" to
>>the edges of the program.

>>2.)I can create toolbars with the MS Win Common Control 5.0. The problem
>>is i can't set the custom image for the toolbars. Can somebody help me?

>> Thanx.

Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

Quote:

>You need the SP2 for VB 5.0 EE
>It updates the common control ocx'es, and add a couple...
>Among them, Coolbar (rebar).

It does?? What is the .OCX called?

Sean Hederman

seanh at compans dot com

Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

 It is called comct332.ocx

But, sorry about that...
The Coolbar is not INCLUDED in SP2, but available as a separate download
from:
http://premium.microsoft.com/vbasic/updates/coolbar.asp

HTH...

Dag

Quote:

>>You need the SP2 for VB 5.0 EE
>>It updates the common control ocx'es, and add a couple...
>>Among them, Coolbar (rebar).

>It does?? What is the .OCX called?

>Sean Hederman

>seanh at compans dot com

Sat, 19 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

I believe that Sheridan Designer Widgets does the dockable toolbar thingy..

Quote:
> You need the SP2 for VB 5.0 EE
> It updates the common control ocx'es, and add a couple...
> Among them, Coolbar (rebar).

> I think SP2 is available only for Visual Studio....

> Dag Sunde

> --------------------------

> >I don't think MS Common Ctrls 5.0 support
> >dockable toolbars. Consider looking at
> >third-party toolbar controls ( I can recomment
> >ActiveBar), or writting your own toolbar code
> >(which could be a lot of work)

> >HTH, Simon

> >>1.) How to make a dockable toolbox?
> >>I'm making a program in vb5.0.  And I want to have floating toolboxes
> that
> >>can dock to the program, and/or to each other.  Like the toolboxes in
VB
> >>itself, you can  drag them around wherever you like, and they "stick"
> >>the edges of the program.

> >>2.)I can create toolbars with the MS Win Common Control 5.0. The
problem
> >>is i can't set the custom image for the toolbars. Can somebody help me?

> >> Thanx.

Sun, 20 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

I thought you all might want to know that in order to redistribute the MS
Coolbar discussed here you must redistribute the full IE3.x install (or
the user must already have it). Talk about old Bill attaching strings...

--
Read a good book and have a life... death to Spam!!!

Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Sec. 227,
any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is
subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500 US.
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.

Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microsoft windows common controls 5.0

2. Q: About Microsoft Windows Common Control 5.0....

3. Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 Error

4. Microsoft Common Control 5.0 Tree View Help

5. Licensing & registry of Microsoft Common Controls 5.0

6. Documentation for COMCTL32.OCX (Microsoft Windows Common Controls)?

7. TABSTRIP control from MICROSOFT WINDOWS COMMON CONTROLSv5.0 (SF2)

8. Cannot Add Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2)

9. Windows Common Controls 5.0

10. ImageList tool in Microsoft Windows Common Controls

11. Helpfile of windows common controls 5.0

12. Microsoft Windows Common Control problem