security - application expiration
Author Message
 security - application expiration

I would like to distribute a VB app. as a demo, but I need a way to
ensure it will "time out" after a certain date. I don't need a "hacker
proof" scheme, just something your average user couldn't work around
easily. Specifically, how can I defeat the simple act of changing the
system clock? Is there a fullproof way to track time?

Ted

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 security - application expiration
Ted,

Something that may work, though not against even the mildly determined, is
to write current time into the registry on app exit.  If, at app startup,
that time doesn't jive with system time, you know something's amiss.

--A

Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need advice on controling application expiration

2. Can't control Expiration/Cache in VB6 IIS Application

3. E-mail security in Outlook 2000/XP blocks normal application development

4. Object Model Block on Outlook 2000 Security Patch hamstrings a VB6 application

5. Start Debug throws security error for Windows Application.

6. Deploying VB.NET application => Security Problems

7. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

8. VB Email Application and Outlook Security

9. Are there tools for building security on my vb Application

10. Are there any tools for building security on my application

11. Access Database concurrent users in VB 4.0 application and Database Security

12. Security in VB applications