How can I pass parameters into Crystal reports?
Author Message
 How can I pass parameters into Crystal reports?

Anybody knows how to pass parameters into Crystal Reports.

For example: if I am trying to generate a report for a specific
employee.  how can I pass the employee ID to Crystal report generator??

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 09 Jul 1997 12:34:19 GMT
 How can I pass parameters into Crystal reports?

Quote:

>Subject: How can I pass parameters into Crystal reports?
>Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1995 04:34:19 GMT
>Anybody knows how to pass parameters into crystal reports.

The only way I know how is by setting the Formulas property of the Crystal
custom control prior to calling the report.  For example if you wanted to pass
the current salary as a parameter for the RAISE formula it might look like:

  Report.Formulas(0) = "RAISE= {table.CURRENT_SALARY} * .04"

Quote:
>For example: if I am trying to generate a report for a specific
>employee.  how can I pass the employee ID to Crystal report generator??

This is a little different.  Here you want to limit what is on the report.
This is done the same way except you use the GroupSelectionFormula property.
The above might look like:

  Report.GroupSelectionFormula = "EMPLOYEE_ID = 12345"

Look at the VB help for 'crystal reports', then GoTo the 'Professional Edition
Help Files'.  Once you are there, choose 'Crystal Reports', then search for
'Crystal Custom Control', then GoTo 'Crystal Custom Control -- An Overview' to
look at the properties of the report control.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

John M. Berg

Fri, 11 Jul 1997 10:50:09 GMT

1. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

2. Passing parameters to a report in Crystal Reports 6

3. Crystal Reports Canned Code

4. parameter passing to Crystal Reports 9

5. Passing parameters to crystal report

6. Passing a parameter to Crystal Reports

7. How do you pass parameters from VB 5 to crystal reports

8. Passing parameters to Crystal Reports

9. Passing Parameters to Crystal Report 5.0 (Stored Procedure Query )

10. Passing parameter to Crystal Reports

11. Pass parameters to Crystal Reports?

12. Passing parameters to Seagate Crystal Reports 8