Can't find constant value in API Viewer
Author Message
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF&

Try to get a hold of Desaware's " The Visual Basic Programmer's Guide To The
Win32 API"

Pretty expensive though....

Regards, Leon

Quote:
> Can somebody please tell me the value of this constant:

> PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS

> It doesn't show up in my VB5 Pro API Viewer listing...

> Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer
OTSER,

As a long-term solution for similar questions, MS's suggestion is to
download and install the Windows platform SDK from MSDN.  It installs C++ .h
files in an 'include' directory, and you can use Explorer's Find In Files
tab to search for such constants.

--A

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

guys, this is unsettling

I got this from the file "Winnt.h" that came with Borland C++ Builder 4

#define PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS        (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED | SYNCHRONIZE |
0xFFF)

which I converted for VB to:

Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED Or SYNCHRONIZE
Or &HFFF&)

Pit,
Where did you get that value from?

> Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF&

> Try to get a hold of Desaware's " The Visual Basic Programmer's Guide To
The
> Win32 API"

> Pretty expensive though....

> Regards, Leon

> > Can somebody please tell me the value of this constant:

> > PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS

> > It doesn't show up in my VB5 Pro API Viewer listing...

> > Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer
Can somebody please tell me the value of this constant:

PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS

It doesn't show up in my VB5 Pro API Viewer listing...

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

Quote:
> Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF&

Thanks Pit!  :)

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer

Quote:
> As a long-term solution for similar questions, MS's suggestion is to
> download and install the Windows platform SDK from MSDN.  It installs C++ .h
> files in an 'include' directory, and you can use Explorer's Find In Files
> tab to search for such constants.

Okay, I will visit Microsoft's site and look for it.  Thanks!

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Can't find constant value in API Viewer
STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED is &HF0000, SYNCHRONIZE is &H100000&, and &HFFF is
(of course!) &HFFF.  If you Or them all togethor, you end up with:

&H1F0FFF

Immediately jumping to the right answer is nice in VB because then you don't
have to declare those other two constants.  However, the drawback is that if
MS ever changes those constants or their meanings, it will be virtually
impossible to figure out how to recompile the VB exe so that it will work.
On the contrary, however, those are constants afterall, and I've never seen
MS change the value of a constant.

--
Howard Henry Schlunder
 Winamp is currently playing:

Quote:

> guys, this is unsettling

> I got this from the file "Winnt.h" that came with Borland C++ Builder 4

> #define PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS        (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED | SYNCHRONIZE
|
> 0xFFF)

> which I converted for VB to:

> Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = (STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED Or SYNCHRONIZE
> Or &HFFF&)

> Pit,
> Where did you get that value from?

> --

> > Public Const PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS = &H1F0FFF&

> > Try to get a hold of Desaware's " The Visual Basic Programmer's Guide To
> The
> > Win32 API"

> > Pretty expensive though....

> > Regards, Leon

> > > Can somebody please tell me the value of this constant:

> > > PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS

> > > It doesn't show up in my VB5 Pro API Viewer listing...

> > > Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. WM_SIZING can't be found in API text viewer

2. WM_SIZING can't be found in API text viewer

3. Constants Declares missing in API Viewer

4. missing constants in API Viewer

5. Constants vs 'Hard Coded' Values

6. 'Canned' data in VB program

7. Help me find some constant values, please!

8. Help me find some constant values, please!

9. Help me find some constant values, please!

10. Help me find some constant values, please!

11. Finding values of WinAPI constants

12. Where can I find the Constant values for LR_LOADFROMFILE and LR_DEFAULTSIZE