Saving Text without Return Carriage
Author Message
 Saving Text without Return Carriage

Okay this may seem like a stupid question but I can't find the answer
anywhere, nor do I have an idea of how to do this myself.

The problem is I want to save a line of text from a non-multiline
text-box into a standard text file.  I want the file to contain only
that line.  If I Print or Write the line to the file after I open it the
program adds a Return Carriage.  As such everytime I save the line
another Return carriage is added.
What I need is a file with just a single line of text.

I downloaded some smaple code from a few places of the text-editor
type.  However they all have the same problem.  I realise for text
editing that this is not a real problem and not really noticeable as the
Return-Carriages are not really visible in a multiline text-box.

If anyone can Help i would appreciate it.  I'll keep an eye out on the
newsgroup but an e-mail would be great.

Thanks Kev :)

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving Text without Return Carriage
If you Print #f%, "A line of text"  you get a carriage return.
If you Print #f%, "A line of text"; with a semicolon at the end, no
carriage return is printed, and your next Print# will print to the same
line.

                        MTW

Quote:

> Okay this may seem like a stupid question but I can't find the answer
> anywhere, nor do I have an idea of how to do this myself.

> The problem is I want to save a line of text from a non-multiline
> text-box into a standard text file.  I want the file to contain only
> that line.  If I Print or Write the line to the file after I open it the
> program adds a Return Carriage.  As such everytime I save the line
> another Return carriage is added.
> What I need is a file with just a single line of text.

> I downloaded some smaple code from a few places of the text-editor
> type.  However they all have the same problem.  I realise for text
> editing that this is not a real problem and not really noticeable as the
> Return-Carriages are not really visible in a multiline text-box.

> If anyone can Help i would appreciate it.  I'll keep an eye out on the
> newsgroup but an e-mail would be great.

> Thanks Kev :)

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving Text without Return Carriage

Quote:

> If you Print #f%, "A line of text"  you get a carriage return.
> If you Print #f%, "A line of text"; with a semicolon at the end, no
> carriage return is printed, and your next Print# will print to the same
> line.

Thanks for the help I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Kev :)

Fri, 19 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ??

2. Print without carriage return

3. print line without carriage return

4. How to write files without carriage returns?

5. Put a carriage return in text

6. Carriage Returns In Text Boxes

7. Deleting Last Carriage Return from Text File

8. HELP - representing carriage return for a text field?

9. Carriage Return in text box

10. carriage return in a text box?

11. Carriage return in text box?

12. How to hide linefeed, and carriage return characters in text boxes