Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Author Message
 Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I wrote a simple program to use ADO to access a table in SQL Server (6.5).
After I finished testing my program in VB 6.0, I compiled it into an EXE.  I
sent it to somebody who doesn't have VB.  I also sent him MSVBVM60.DLL and
OLEAUT32.  Now he is getting this message: Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of
its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
Any idea????

Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Hi...,

I think you can solve your problem just by using the "package and deployment
wizard"
in the "Microsoft Visual Studio 6 tools". You just have to follow the wizards
and it
will creating an installation package for you (with the setup.exe). Then all you
have
to do is just to copy all of the files that was created by the wizard to the
computer
that you want to. Finally run the setup.exe.

I hope that will solve your problem...

Quote:

> I wrote a simple program to use ADO to access a table in SQL Server (6.5).
> After I finished testing my program in VB 6.0, I compiled it into an EXE.  I
> sent it to somebody who doesn't have VB.  I also sent him MSVBVM60.DLL and
> OLEAUT32.  Now he is getting this message: Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of
> its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
> Any idea????

Mon, 02 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Component 'RICHT32.OCX' not correctly registered

2. Component or one of its dependencies not correctly registered

3. I can't load msadodc.ocx componant

4. Can't load MSADODC.OCX File

5. 'Unread' property not setting correctly

6. 'Object server not registered correctly'

7. 'Object server not registered correctly'

8. Run-time error '339': compnent 'COMDLG32.OCX' not correctly registered

9. component MSMAPI32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

10. OCX's and dependency files

11. REPOST:OCX's and Dependency Files

12. VB6 doesn't upgrade COMCTL32.OCX correctly