ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question
Author Message
 ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question

Can anyone help me out with this. I can easily create an ADO or ADO.NET
connection to an Access database using Jet 4.0 as long as it's not password
protected. However, ss soon as I try to connect to a password protected mdb
file I'm stuck. I enter the appropriate user name and password into the data
connection wizard but as soon as I try to connect it tells me that either
the password is incorrect or the workgroup information file is missing. I
then tried creating a workgroup information file for the db in question. I
tried connecting again and I get the same error. This connection is a piece
of cake with good old DAO. Why does it have to be such a pain in the {*filter*}
with ADO? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jon

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:56:42 GMT
 ADO/ADO.NET to Access db question
You didn't mention if the password is on the database or for a user in the
database. If it is on the database, this should work for ADO 2.x:

    cn1.Open DBDriver, , "password"

where cn1 is the ADO connection object and DBDriver is your connect string.

Eric

Quote:
> Can anyone help me out with this. I can easily create an ADO or ADO.NET
> connection to an Access database using Jet 4.0 as long as it's not
password
> protected. However, ss soon as I try to connect to a password protected
mdb
> file I'm stuck. I enter the appropriate user name and password into the
data
> connection wizard but as soon as I try to connect it tells me that either
> the password is incorrect or the workgroup information file is missing. I
> then tried creating a workgroup information file for the db in question. I
> tried connecting again and I get the same error. This connection is a
piece
> of cake with good old DAO. Why does it have to be such a pain in the {*filter*}
> with ADO? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

> Jon

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 03:32:17 GMT

1. VB .NET ADO Can't open Access DB

2. VB .NET ADO Can't open Access DB

3. VB .NET ADO Can't open Access DB

4. Text -> Access DB via ADO question

5. Data Access Questions: VBSQL/DB-Lib --> ADO

6. ADO.Net and Access question

7. ADO to Access DB, DB is closed on second query

8. ADO ADO ADO ADO ADO VB examples / samples book wanted

9. vb.net / ado.net design question

10. Newbie question (ado.net / vb.net)

11. Using VB.Net, ADO.Net and Access

12. INSERT into access database using vb.net/ado.net..problem