Type Mismatch - Run Time Err 13
Author Message
 Type Mismatch - Run Time Err 13

Hi there

The environment is SQL Server 7 & VB 6, on Win 2000, and some workstations
with Win 98.

One of the database tables, Cheque_Recon_1 has the field i_Cheque_Num - an
Int of Size 4.

The problem is the following:

A Run Time Error 13 - Type Mismatch - occurs in the second line of the
following code excerpt:

"Dim ABSANum As Long
ABSANum = CDbl(AdodcFind.Recordset(0))"    (Recordset(0) refers to the field
i_Cheque_Num)

But, this error only occurs on a Win 98 user's machine, and not on my Win
2000 development machine - which isn't acting as a server.

What might be the solution?  Let me know if you have ideas.

Thank you,

Stuart

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:12:26 GMT
 Type Mismatch - Run Time Err 13
Perhaps because you are putting an Integer into a Long.

SQL could be a little touch about that as well.

Wayne

Quote:
> Hi there

> The environment is SQL Server 7 & VB 6, on Win 2000, and some workstations
> with Win 98.

> One of the database tables, Cheque_Recon_1 has the field i_Cheque_Num - an
> Int of Size 4.

> The problem is the following:

> A Run Time Error 13 - Type Mismatch - occurs in the second line of the
> following code excerpt:

> "Dim ABSANum As Long
> ABSANum = CDbl(AdodcFind.Recordset(0))"    (Recordset(0) refers to the
field
> i_Cheque_Num)

> But, this error only occurs on a Win 98 user's machine, and not on my Win
> 2000 development machine - which isn't acting as a server.

> What might be the solution?  Let me know if you have ideas.

> Thank you,

> Stuart

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:49:51 GMT
 Type Mismatch - Run Time Err 13
Im not too sure what values the database field can contain. Neither am i too
sure why the pronlem do not occur on your machine.

I would however try the following to see what happens:

"Dim ABSANum As Long
ABSANum = Val("" & AdodcFind.Recordset.Fields(0).Value)"
(Recordset(0) refers to the field
i_Cheque_Num)

Quote:
> Hi there

> The environment is SQL Server 7 & VB 6, on Win 2000, and some workstations
> with Win 98.

> One of the database tables, Cheque_Recon_1 has the field i_Cheque_Num - an
> Int of Size 4.

> The problem is the following:

> A Run Time Error 13 - Type Mismatch - occurs in the second line of the
> following code excerpt:

> "Dim ABSANum As Long
> ABSANum = CDbl(AdodcFind.Recordset(0))"    (Recordset(0) refers to the
field
> i_Cheque_Num)

> But, this error only occurs on a Win 98 user's machine, and not on my Win
> 2000 development machine - which isn't acting as a server.

> What might be the solution?  Let me know if you have ideas.

> Thank you,

> Stuart

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:01:41 GMT

1. Type Mismatch Run-Time error 13

2. Type mismatch, run-time error #13

3. ACC2000:Run Time Error '13': Type Mismatch

4. Run -time error '13' Type Mismatch

5. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

6. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

7. Run-time error '13': Type mismatch

8. Run Time Error 13 Type Mismatch

9. run time error 13, data type mismatch !

10. "Run-time error 13: Type Mismatch"

11. Run Time Error "13" Type Mismatch

12. RT Err 13, Type Mismatch