Multi Threaded Server Apps with mswinsck.ocx
Author Message
 Multi Threaded Server Apps with mswinsck.ocx

Has anybody out there successfully implimented a Server that can handle
multiple connections that don't block?

I cannot pass the RequestID of the connection Request event  to a winsock
control in another object.

Help me is you can ...

Markus

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi Threaded Server Apps with mswinsck.ocx

Check MSDN "Using the Winsock Control".

Quote:

>Has anybody out there successfully implimented a Server that can handle
>multiple connections that don't block?

>I cannot pass the RequestID of the connection Request event  to a winsock
>control in another object.

>Help me is you can ...

>Markus

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi Threaded Server Apps with mswinsck.ocx

Here is a great resource for this kind of information:

        http://www.sockets.com/winsock2.htm

I would also recommend subscribing to the winsock2 listserv:

        http://www.sockets.com/winsock2.htm#MailList

- George Copeland
- Vectrix Corporation, Publishers of EdgeworX
- http://edgeworx.vectrix.com

Quote:
> Has anybody out there successfully implimented a Server that can handle
> multiple connections that don't block?

> I cannot pass the RequestID of the connection Request event  to a winsock
> control in another object.

> Help me is you can ...

> Markus

Tue, 02 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Multi Threaded Server Apps with mswinsck.ocx

Quote:
> Check MSDN "Using the Winsock Control".

> >Has anybody out there successfully implimented a Server that can handle
> >multiple connections that don't block?

> >I cannot pass the RequestID of the connection Request event  to a
winsock
> >control in another object.

Let me rephrase that...

I cannot pass the RequestID of the connection Request event  to a winsock
control in another object _created from an Active X exe_ - (Single Use,
Each new Object in it's own thread.)

An array of controls wont work, as i want to send a continuous stream of
characters to each connection, with out being interrupted by other
requests...
ie, spawn a new object in its own thread that can happily deal with the
connection.

Wed, 03 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems distributing apps using mswinsck.ocx

2. Cannot get MSWinsck.OCX to work on server

3. Can't get MSWinsck.OCX to work on server

4. vb6 activex ocx components used in multi-threaded client application

5. Multi-threading using .OCX with Error 424

6. Multi-threading in VB5 using Winsock OCX

7. Multi-threading in VB5 using Winsock OCX

8. Multi-threading in VB5 using Winsock OCX

9. OCX Problem with Multi-threaded Issue

10. How do you make VB apps multi-threaded?

11. Advise Needed: Multi-Threaded App

12. Can VB 5.0 create multi-threaded apps