I am new and interested in learning VB
Author Message
 I am new and interested in learning VB

I am new to V.B and want to know how timers work And how i get a form to
load for 5 seconds and them dissapear and have another form load up.

Sun, 22 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 I am new and interested in learning VB

Quote:

>I am new to V.B and want to know how timers work And how i get a form to
>load for 5 seconds and them dissapear and have another form load up.

Use the TIMER control:

1. Drag the TIMER control onto your form. The default name is TIMER1.
2. Set the TIMER1.Interval property to the number of milliseconds you want
   to wait until kicking off the TIMER event.

   For example, for 5 minutes you would:

       Timer1.Interval = 5 * (60 * 1000)  '--- 5 minutes of milliseconds

   The INTERVAL property can handle up to 2 billion as a number.

3. Put your FORM load and unload code into the TIMER1_TIMER event. Then
   as each interval is met, your code will kick off.

HTH,
Greg

Mon, 23 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. I am looking for the best book for learning VB.

3. Help - New VB person has a question about learning VB.

4. interested in learning about randomizing equations

5. I am interested in your opinion DoDo.

6. Sheridan SSTAB - Interesting problem that I am getting

7. Old VB dog learning new tricks...Closing windows/ending app

8. Learn VB Script at new site

9. resources for new people learning VB

10. Learn VB Script at new site

11. ADSI and VB HELP I am NEW