Q: Datatype Table?
Author Message
 Q: Datatype Table?

Hello,

I am new to VB database programming. Is there a datatype called
Table in VB4? I found the following code in a VB4 book, but
VB5 could not recognize the datatype.

    Dim ScratchDS As Recordset, TempTable As Table

I have searched all the global declaration, and it doesn't seem
to be a user-defined datatype. Any help will be appreciated!

Songmuh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Datatype Table?
You do not have a reference to DAO in your project.  Go to Projects |
References in the VB menu and add a reference to Microsoft DAO 3.5 Library.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Quote:

>Hello,

>I am new to VB database programming. Is there a datatype called
>Table in VB4? I found the following code in a VB4 book, but
>VB5 could not recognize the datatype.

>    Dim ScratchDS As Recordset, TempTable As Table

>I have searched all the global declaration, and it doesn't seem
>to be a user-defined datatype. Any help will be appreciated!

>Songmuh

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Datatype Table?
But I did! Otherwise, the datatype Recordset wouldn't be
recognized either.

The book I am reading is really causing me headache. Looks
like many things have changed between VB4 and VB5.

By the way, any recommendation for a good VB database
book?

TIA

Songmuh

Quote:
> You do not have a reference to DAO in your project.  Go to Projects |
> References in the VB menu and add a reference to Microsoft DAO 3.5
Library.

> Lee Weiner
> weiner AT fuse DOT net
> http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

> >Hello,

> >I am new to VB database programming. Is there a datatype called
> >Table in VB4? I found the following code in a VB4 book, but
> >VB5 could not recognize the datatype.

> >    Dim ScratchDS As Recordset, TempTable As Table

> >I have searched all the global declaration, and it doesn't seem
> >to be a user-defined datatype. Any help will be appreciated!

> >Songmuh

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Share what you know. Learn what you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. change the datatype to an existing table via VBA

2. How to change the datatype of a field in a table

3. How to change the datatype of a field in a table

4. How to sort dataview table on string datatype column contains all numbers:

5. VB5 Oracle Stored Proc Access - Returning Table datatype

6. Using VB to convert Access 97 table datatypes

7. getting column datatypes of mssql database table

8. Openschema problem while determining the datatype of a table column

9. Converting datatype varchar to datatype datetime in SQL trigger

10. ADO DataType Enum Mapping To SQL DataTypes

11. A97 Wizard Qs

12. Newbie Qs: Optimizing Stylesheet with Fields