DirectX7 Object
Author Message
 DirectX7 Object

Hi all,

I am using the DirectX7 object and what to set up an event for when the
sound is done playing.
I know I need to call SetNotificationPositions.  That is passed an array of
DSBPOSITIONNOTIFY.  I know I need to set lOffset to DSBPN_OFFSETSTOP
which will notify when done playing.  I do not know what to set hEventNotify
to.  I know
to get a handle which is what it wants I can call DirectX7.CreateEvent, but
that needs to
be passed a DirectXEvent.  How do I create the DirectXEvent?

Thanks,

Michael Temari

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DirectX7 Object
I don't know the answer to your question, but I know the place to ask.  Go
to http://members.home.net/theluckyleper/.  Ask Lucky on the message boards.
He always answers questions and is always very helpful and he knows DirectX
very well.

Jennifer

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am using the DirectX7 object and what to set up an event for when the
> sound is done playing.
> I know I need to call SetNotificationPositions.  That is passed an array
of
> DSBPOSITIONNOTIFY.  I know I need to set lOffset to DSBPN_OFFSETSTOP
> which will notify when done playing.  I do not know what to set
hEventNotify
> to.  I know
> to get a handle which is what it wants I can call DirectX7.CreateEvent,
but
> that needs to
> be passed a DirectXEvent.  How do I create the DirectXEvent?

> Thanks,

> Michael Temari

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DirectX7 Object

Quote:
> I don't know the answer to your question, but I know the place to ask.  Go
> to http://members.home.net/theluckyleper/.  Ask Lucky on the message
boards.
> He always answers questions and is always very helpful and he knows
DirectX
> very well.

> Jennifer

Thanks.  I found what I was looking for by downloading the122MB SDK from:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/win98SE/DXSDK/7.0a/W9X/EN-US/d....
exe

All I needed to add was Implements DirectXevent

Michael Temari

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DirectX7 object

2. Exemples de vb et directx7 ??

3. DirectX7 surfaces

4. Rotating In DirectX7 Using DirectDraw

5. DirectX7 Samples

6. DirectX7

7. Directx7 for sound buffering

8. directx7