How can I send commands to a printer???
Author Message
 How can I send commands to a printer???

Hello..

I'm trying to send some commands/parameters to a label-printer. When I use
Printer.print the printer just print the commands instead of reading them.
Is there an another way to send information to the printer ?.
Do I have to send the commands to the communication port ?

In the Command prompt I can write    Copy text.txt lpt1   and the printer
read the commands in the file. It is also possible to write   echo
<command> > lpt1    and the printer gets the command
How can I do this in VB5.?

----
K?re Melb?

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I send commands to a printer???

Have you tried using the Open command?

Open LPT1 for write as #x
Put#x,, buffer$

Just a guess!
--
Ed
Home of Edgemeal Software - Freeware written in VB 5.0

Quote:
> Hello..

> I'm trying to send some commands/parameters to a label-printer. When I
use
> Printer.print the printer just print the commands instead of reading
them.
> Is there an another way to send information to the printer ?.
> Do I have to send the commands to the communication port ?

> In the Command prompt I can write    Copy text.txt lpt1   and the printer
> read the commands in the file. It is also possible to write   echo
> <command> > lpt1    and the printer gets the command
> How can I do this in VB5.?

> ----
> K?re Melb?

Wed, 15 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I send commands to a printer???

Quote:

> Have you tried using the Open command?

> Open LPT1 for write as #x
> Put#x,, buffer$

> Just a guess!
> --
> Ed
> Home of Edgemeal Software - Freeware written in VB 5.0
> http://www.ameritech.net/users/edgemeal/home.html
> Remove "spam.not." to E-mail me.

> > Hello..

> > I'm trying to send some commands/parameters to a label-printer. When I
> use
> > Printer.print the printer just print the commands instead of reading
> them.
> > Is there an another way to send information to the printer ?.
> > Do I have to send the commands to the communication port ?

> > In the Command prompt I can write    Copy text.txt lpt1   and the printer
> > read the commands in the file. It is also possible to write   echo
> > <command> > lpt1    and the printer gets the command
> > How can I do this in VB5.?

> > ----
> > K?re Melb?

No, you can't use the VB OPEN command.  I'm not sure how one can send
(escape) commands to the printer using VB commands.  However, I *do*
know that you can use the Win API communications functions with both
serial as well as parallel ports.  Am API reference covering
communications should give you the info you need.

Bill

West Chester, OH                        Compuserve: wbehymer

Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

2. how to send printer commands to a printer

3. Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

4. Need to send a command directly to printer (Eltron Card Printer)

5. Q: How to send PCL commands to a printer from VBA

6. How To Send Printer PCL Commands?

7. send command to printer port

8. sending printer commands?

9. VB4.0 sending commands to rs232 (com port) and printer port

10. sending ESC commands to printer

11. Sending Commands to a Color Printer

12. Sending Commands to a Color Printer