!!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>
Author Message
 !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

How do i write a Visual Basic program that runs without the aid of the windows
program manager.  I dont want the users of the program to switch to the program
manager from the visual basic program.

I need to know how to do this at both run-time and design-time.

please help

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>
For run time you can try to set your form always on top (VB Knowledge base -> API)
You have also to maximise your form and desactive the min,max and control box options

be carefull, it can be dangerous to lock the access to windows environment

For design time i don't think there are any possibilities

Hope this helps

Let me know if it works

Laurent

'we are all somewhere newbies'

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>
:>For run time you can try to set your form always on top (VB Knowledge base -> API)
:>You have also to maximise your form and desactive the min,max and control box
options
:>
:>be carefull, it can be dangerous to lock the access to windows environment
:>
:>For design time i don't think there are any possibilities
:>
:>Hope this helps
:>

   What if the user then does a ctrl-alt-del?  Windows will let the user out of the
program and then poof, they are in Program Manager.

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

Quote:

>:>For run time you can try to set your form always on top (VB Knowledge base -> API)
>:>You have also to maximise your form and desactive the min,max and control box
>options
>:>
>:>be carefull, it can be dangerous to lock the access to windows environment
>:>
>:>For design time i don't think there are any possibilities
>:>
>:>Hope this helps
>:>
>   What if the user then does a ctrl-alt-del?  Windows will let the user out of the
>program and then poof, they are in Program Manager.

I would, if you are using VB4, use  Godard Laurent's suggestion and
then use the KEYPREVIEW Property for your forms.  You can set them to
detect SHIFTDOWN (using SHIFTDOWN = (Shift and vbShiftMask > 0) and
CtrlDown and/or Delete key.  If one, any, or all of these keys are
pressed (you decide how restrictive you wanna be) pop a message box
up, or temporarily assign a different retrun value to one of the keys
(like 9 or something).  IE if the user presses shift and ctrl
together, the delete key becomes a "9" key.

--Patrick

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 !!! URGENT HELP REQUIRED !!!>>>>>>>>

Quote:
>For run time you can try to set your form always on top (VB Knowledge base -> API)
>You have also to maximise your form and desactive the min,max and control box options

naah, make it the shell by setting it as shell= in SYSTEM.INI (under
[boot]). that way Windows will start your app _instead of_ program manager.

--
VB 3.0 and Win31x assumed

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. using The Shell Command >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

3. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

4. >>>>>>While Not rst.EOF

5. >>>>> Serial Communications

6. VB5 >>>>> Academic Version

7. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

8. Please Help --------->>>>AppLink Problem

9. >>>> HELP WITH RUNTIME FILES

10. >>>> Tab Key --- Please Help

11. >>>>>>>URGENT:: VB5 & WinHook API