Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?
Author Message
 Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

I tried that myself..ended up using VB6 MSCOMM.
I don't THINK it's possible to access the serisl port from straight
Excel. At least I couldn't find a solution at the time.

Quote:

>I looking for a way to control the serial port while inside VBA-Excel.
>Is there a way to do this?

>I have used "Measure for Excel" by National Instrument, but am looking
>for something a little simpler.

>Purpose is to control a stepper motor driver while inside Excel.

>Thanks

>Tho

Fri, 31 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Active X to control the serial port in VBA-Excel?

2. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

3. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

4. Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA

5. How do I read my serial port using Access VBA

6. Writing out to a serial port from Access VBA

7. Writing out to serial port from Access VBA

8. vba serial port polling

9. VBA interface to serial RS232 port

10. read data from serial port using vba for Access

11. Serial ports in VBA

12. Using Visual Basic for Excel 97 to communicate with Serial Port