Automating IE, and downloading a www gif.
Author Message
 Automating IE, and downloading a www gif.

I want to run Microsoft IE 4+ from VB6, and enable my VB program to save to
disk a gif from the page that's open in IE.  How?

The code is below.  The part that doesn't work is marked with
*****************.

This is what happens:

    1. command1 sends IE to a site
    2. entering a local address into text2 and running command2 fills
picture1 with the image
    3. BUT, entering
http://www.*-*-*.com/
, or
http://www.*-*-*.com/
.jpg into text2 gives "run-time error 76, path not found"

Rather than copying the picture from IE to VB, what I really want to do is
to save it (not its address) to a local file.

Thanks

Miles Finn

Dim WithEvents mIE As InternetExplorer

Private Sub Command1_Click()

    ' Sends IE to the URL  Text1.Text
    ' Works for hard drive (Text1.text =
d:\miles\theprocess\fakeweb\HTML_demo_2.htm)
    ' or
    ' WWW (Text1.text =www.altavista.com)

    mIE.Visible = True

    txtURLstart = Text1.Text
    mIE.Navigate txtURLstart

End Sub

Private Sub Command3_Click()

        Set Picture1.Picture = LoadPicture(Text2.Text) '
***************************** - doesn't work if text2.text = an URL

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()

    Set mIE = New InternetExplorer

End Sub

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing WWW Server HEADERS from download GIF file

2. http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu http://www.besamung.de.vu

3. [][]GIF, SB, GRAPHICS in QB - WWW Site[][]

4. How to download files from the WWW using VB6

5. Downloading from WWW

6. Getting file trough IE with WWW-Authenticate

7. Automate gif generation

8. Automated Email attachement downloading

9. Automating file downloads - pasing user names and passwords