Displaying a status message
Author Message
 Displaying a status message

The problem with MsgBox is that it is Modal, which means that it will
suspend processing of your code.  You would do best with either a
status bar message, or show your own form.  (Do Not show it as
"Modal" as this would defeat the purpose of creating your own
form.)
Where I work we have a form with an animated Gif file on it.  It looks quite
nice and lets the user know that the system is indeed working.

Kenny Acock
<><

Quote:
> IF you need to display a message in a window on the screen like "Updating
> Database. This may take a few seconds"...
> Is there a built in facility for this in VB like Msgbox() or should you
just
> display a form and hide it like a startup screen?

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Displaying a status message
IF you need to display a message in a window on the screen like "Updating
Database. This may take a few seconds"...

Is there a built in facility for this in VB like Msgbox() or should you just
display a form and hide it like a startup screen?

Regards,

Ian

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to display a status message in vb4

2. Form to display status messages

3. How to display status messages

4. Displaying status messages

5. Display message in taskbar status area near a new icon

6. Why does Message Box does not display complete Message

7. Display status bar on a form

8. VBA code to let message appear in status bar

9. How to display text in the status bas?

10. Displaying a running status

11. Change message Read status

12. Posting message to status bar