ExtractIconEx
Author Message
 ExtractIconEx

Hello,

I have been using the ExtractIcon function to extract 32x32 bit icons
from an executable.  I now need a reduced (16x16) version.  I can do
this by using DrawIconEx and reducing the size.  This does not give a
nice effect as  you can get with for instance ShGetFileInfo.

The declaration of ExtractIconEx suggests that it is possible to
extract small and large icons.  If someone could provide me with the
explanation of the parameters or an example in VB4-32 i would
appreciate it.

Thnx for taking the time to read this and i hope to get an answer on
this question shortly.

Declare Function ExtractIcon Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ExtractIconA"
(ByVal hInst As Long, ByVal lpszExeFileName As String, ByVal
nIconIndex As Long) As Long
Declare Function ExtractIconEx Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ExtractIconExA" (ByVal lpszFile As String, ByVal nIconIndex As Long,
phiconLarge As Long, phiconSmall As Long, ByVal nIcons As Long) As
Long

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ExtractIconEx

2. ExtractIconEx?

3. ExtractIconEx: Heavily Guarded Secret

4. ExtractIconEx API call (VB4/Win95)

5. Problem using ExtractIconEx with ListView

6. Problem using ExtractIconEx with ListView

7. How to use ExtractIconEx?

8. ExtractIconEx (UseOf VB4-32)

9. Need Code: ExtractIconEx API

10. Problem using ExtractIconEx with ListView

11. ExtractIconEx - Please help

12. Help on use of ExtractIconEx