How to deal with screen resolutions
Author Message
 How to deal with screen resolutions

Title says it all.  I built a wonderful little app while using 1024 x
768 but when I tested it under 640 x 480, which most of my customers
will be using, all hell broke loose.  Everything was too damn big and
if you sized the windows to fit, of course some of the controls are
hidden.

It looks to my like I have to get screen.height and screen.width and
then scale every damn thing on the form.  There must be an easier way
to do this.

Bruce

Sun, 05 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How to deal with screen resolutions

Quote:

> Title says it all.  I built a wonderful little app while using 1024 x
> 768 but when I tested it under 640 x 480, which most of my customers
> will be using, all hell broke loose.  Everything was too damn big and
> if you sized the windows to fit, of course some of the controls are
> hidden.

> It looks to my like I have to get screen.height and screen.width and
> then scale every damn thing on the form.  There must be an easier way
> to do this.

vsVBX.VBX from:

        ftp.cica.indiana.edu /pub/pc/win3/programr/vbasic/ vsVBX.VBX

This will solve your problems with ease.

Alan.
--
   Alan Middleton.

   CI$:  100124,2171

Mon, 06 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. dealing with different screen resolutions

2. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

3. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

4. Screen coordinates change after changing screen resolution???

5. Dealing with the screen in Access (7 or 97)

6. How to Change Screen Resolution in VBA

7. Screen resolution problem

8. Screen Resolution

9. Screen Resolution

10. Resize - screen resolution code

11. Screen resolution

12. Retrieving display information (screen resolution)