Permission denied with RDO when compiling
Author Message
 Permission denied with RDO when compiling

This time we have a freshly installed server, on which we are trying to run
a VB-program which connects to an Oracle Database with RDO. Of course it
does'nt work. When running the program, the error message "429 - ActiveX
component can't create object. When compiling the program VB gives
"permission denied" on the row "Set dbEnvironment =
rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)" and it hilites ".rdoEnv...".

What is the problem?

What can I do to track it down?

Where can I find more info?

Any tips, no matter how simple, is helpful at this stage. We're almost about
to reinstall the lot.

Peter Traegaardh
KNM Electronic

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Permission denied with RDO when compiling
My home page click Index "E" look for errors.
--
HTH
delete "RemoveMe."

My home page: http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/

Quote:
> This time we have a freshly installed server, on which we are trying to
run
> a VB-program which connects to an Oracle Database with RDO. Of course it
> does'nt work. When running the program, the error message "429 - ActiveX
> component can't create object. When compiling the program VB gives
> "permission denied" on the row "Set dbEnvironment =
> rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)" and it hilites ".rdoEnv...".

> What is the problem?

> What can I do to track it down?

> Where can I find more info?

> Any tips, no matter how simple, is helpful at this stage. We're almost
about
> to reinstall the lot.

> Peter Traegaardh
> KNM Electronic

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Permission denied with RDO when compiling
This sounds familiar. If it's the problem I had it will be fixed by the
'vbcmpfix' patch issued by MS. You'll need to search the Knowledgebase for this
as I can't remember exactly where it came from. (Also: even though the list of
fixes doesn't specifically include RDO, it does fix it.)

MarkH
http://www.keysound.com/html/visual_basic.htm

Quote:

> This time we have a freshly installed server, on which we are trying to run
> a VB-program which connects to an Oracle Database with RDO. Of course it
> does'nt work. When running the program, the error message "429 - ActiveX
> component can't create object. When compiling the program VB gives
> "permission denied" on the row "Set dbEnvironment =
> rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)" and it hilites ".rdoEnv...".

> What is the problem?

> What can I do to track it down?

> Where can I find more info?

> Any tips, no matter how simple, is helpful at this stage. We're almost about
> to reinstall the lot.

> Peter Traegaardh
> KNM Electronic

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. compiling and rdo denied permissions

2. RDO 2.0 and Permission Denied while compile in VB6EE SP5

3. Permission Denied(compile error) with opendatabase statement

4. vb5 compile error: permission denied on opendatabase

5. permission denied when re-compiling

6. Permission Denied while compiling...

7. Compiling Project Group, getting permission denied

8. Compiling DLL and getting Permission Denied

9. Compiling Project Group, getting permission denied

10. Permission Denied and Avoiding DLL Compiling During Development

11. Compile Error: Permission Denied with my own ActiveX component

12. Permission Denied on Compile of DLL using Personal Web Server