VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
Author Message
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.

Hello,

Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

Thank you so much.

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
HHhhhmmmm!!! Text editor maybe... I've done this for VB5->VB4.
Open the VB6 vbp file and get rid of all the VB6 stuff that VB5 doesn't
understand.
Really not sure of the frm files though, they might be different also...
I don't have VB6, yet...

I guess it all depends on how desperite you are...

--
Have a good day.
Don

Quote:
> Hello,

> Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
> project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

> Thank you so much.

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
Thank you so much.
Quote:

>HHhhhmmmm!!! Text editor maybe... I've done this for VB5->VB4.
>Open the VB6 vbp file and get rid of all the VB6 stuff that VB5 doesn't
>understand.
>Really not sure of the frm files though, they might be different also...
>I don't have VB6, yet...

>I guess it all depends on how desperite you are...

>--
>Have a good day.
>Don

>> Hello,

>> Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
>> project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

>> Thank you so much.

Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
: Hello,

: Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
: project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

: Thank you so much.

 Hopefully there is a better solution, but what I did was create a
new VB5 project and imported each VB6 form, module and class into that
project one by one. I then made the MDI form the start up form.
 Copy all the VB6 *.bas, *.cls, *.fr* files to the directory where
you are creating the new project. I'm not sure, but VB6 may only be
changing the *.vb* files.
 It did work for me, but it may depend on what features of VB6 you
used.

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
Open the .vbp file in a text editor and remove the line "Retained = 0". Save
the file, and VB5 will open and run the project.

   ---Judy Bradley

Quote:

>Hello,

>Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
>project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

>Thank you so much.

Fri, 27 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.

Quote:

> : Hello,

> : Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
> : project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

> : Thank you so much.

>  Hopefully there is a better solution, but what I did was create a
> new VB5 project and imported each VB6 form, module and class into that
> project one by one. I then made the MDI form the start up form.
>  Copy all the VB6 *.bas, *.cls, *.fr* files to the directory where
> you are creating the new project. I'm not sure, but VB6 may only be
> changing the *.vb* files.
>  It did work for me, but it may depend on what features of VB6 you
> used.

Why would you want to do that?
Starchaser_6

Wed, 01 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.
As I was in a Zenlike state in comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, "Wells"

the placid waters of a pond:

Quote:
>Hello,

>Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
>project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

No.  There is not.

--Elocutus
---
Save yourself from {*filter*}VB books:
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Forgive the scaffolding.  New content added dailyish:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 and 6.0 Reverse Compatibility - Urgent.

says...

Quote:

>As I was in a Zenlike state in comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, "Wells"

>the placid waters of a pond:
>>Hello,

>>Could someone tell me if there is any way whatsoever to get VB5 to read a
>>project written in VB6.  Is there any way at all?

>No.  There is not.

Well... maybe. Use a text editor to open your vb6 .vbp file and remove the
"Retained=0" line. Works for me.

Uhm, I suggest backing up first :)

--
yabba
===========================

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0 and Access 2000 compatibility?

2. Is there any compatibility issues with VB 6.0 and DB2 7.0

3. VB 4.0 - 5.0 database access compatibility question

4. Upgrade to VB 5.0 or VB 6.0?

5. VB 5.0 to VB 6.0

6. Converting VB 6.0 project --> VB 5.0

7. VB 5.0 and VB 6.0 applications on the one PC

8. Porting VB 5.0 code to VB 6.0

9. Problem with VB 5.0 apps after VB 6.0 install

10. Is VB 6.0 Faster than VB 5.0?

11. asp.dll - VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0

12. VB 5.0 vs. VB 6.0 - ASP.DLL