Launching app during boot up
Author Message
 Launching app during boot up

I wrote a small banner that I placed in the Startup group.  The Banner is a
proprietary warning for our users of PC's if they consent to the terms the
computer continues to boot if not the computer will shut down.

My question is, I would like the banner to come up before the user see's the
desktop and not place it in Startup.  Is this possible and how can I do it?

Thanks

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Launching app during boot up

Quote:
>I wrote a small banner that I placed in the Startup group.  The Banner is a
>proprietary warning for our users of PC's if they consent to the terms the
>computer continues to boot if not the computer will shut down.

>My question is, I would like the banner to come up before the user see's the
>desktop and not place it in Startup.  Is this possible and how can I do it?

>Thanks

Hello John,

You did not specify what OS...If Windows 3.1, you can do the following:

In AUTOEXEC.BAT in the line that invokes Windows 3.1 just add the program as a parameter to the command like so:

WIN BANNER.EXE

When this is executed, the Windows 3.1 splash screen will not come up and the program will be invoked before the desktop is painted.  If you don't want any desktop stuff showing at all after your program comes up, just make sure your banner program's main window (form)'s WindowState is set to Maximized so it takes up the whole screen.

I will guess that there is a similar way to do this in Windows 95.

Hope this helps,

"For God So Loved The World, That He Gave His
 Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believeth
 In Him Should Not Perish, But Have Everlasting
 Life"John3:16  * http://pw2.netcom.com/~cbrtjr/wrdthing.html *

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Launching app during boot up
You'll need to write it as a service in order to do this.

Best Regards, Peter

Quote:

>I wrote a small banner that I placed in the Startup group.  The Banner is a
>proprietary warning for our users of PC's if they consent to the terms the
>computer continues to boot if not the computer will shut down.

>My question is, I would like the banner to come up before the user see's
the
>desktop and not place it in Startup.  Is this possible and how can I do it?

>Thanks

Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Timberland Boots, Cheap Timberland Boots, Hiking Waterproof Work boots

2. Run Prg Automatcly during Safemode Boot ?

3. Launch VB Program on Boot

4. How to Launch VB executable at NT boot?

5. Launching vb app when IE launch

6. cold boot / warm boot

7. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

8. Disabling Boot Menu and Boot Keys

9. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

10. Running an app before windows boots up

11. Launching 16-Bit apps from 32-Bit app?

12. Web app launching a legacy app