Killing apps from VB App
Author Message
 Killing apps from VB App

Does anyone know how to kill another windoes application that is running
from inside a VB app (actually something that I executed using vb shell)?

ANy ideas?

Thanks!

Matt McTigue

Sat, 24 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing apps from VB App

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to kill another windoes application that is running
>from inside a VB app (actually something that I executed using vb shell)?

Get it's hWnd using FindWindow and send it a WM_CLOSE message. Mail me
for details.
Robert Woodcock | Note: Your standard disclaimers apply. |

................| it can be quite a curse) - Plucky Duck |

Sun, 25 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing apps from VB App

Quote:

> >Does anyone know how to kill another windoes application that is running
> >from inside a VB app (actually something that I executed using vb
shell)?

> Get it's hWnd using FindWindow and send it a WM_CLOSE message. Mail me
> for details.

If you store the return value from the Shell Function, you can use the
FreeModule API to close it. But that CLOSES it!!!!!

Jens

Mon, 26 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing apps from VB App
b>If you store the return value from the Shell Function, you can use the
b>FreeModule API to close it. But that CLOSES it!!!!!
What about DOS boxes?
--
   __
  |_
  | RANK MAHLER

Fri, 30 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing apps from VB App
: b>If you store the return value from the Shell Function, you can use the
: b>FreeModule API to close it. But that CLOSES it!!!!!
: What about DOS boxes?
: --
:    __
:   |_
:   | RANK MAHLER
:
:
I am really just trying to kill a form that I made into a n .exe that
is a big fat startup .bmp.

I'm still not quite sure how to do it.

Thanks

Matt Mctigue

Mon, 02 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Killing apps from VB App

Quote:

> b>If you store the return value from the Shell Function, you can use the
> b>FreeModule API to close it. But that CLOSES it!!!!!
> What about DOS boxes?

What ABOUT dos boxes?

Jens

Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

2. How to launch and kill an app from my app

3. How do I kill an app from Memory with VB

4. VB 5.0 Apps & VB 4.0 Apps

5. ASP.NET App v. VB.NET App

6. Conversion of VB.Net App to ASP .Net App

7. pasting from VB app to other apps???/possible???

8. Integrating Non-OLE Apps with VB app

9. can a VB app control another app?

10. Wait for an app to end before continuing VB-app

11. Trigger Routine in VB App from Access App

12. running DOS PROgram from VB APP using variables in the app