Transparent background for radio button
Author Message
 Transparent background for radio button

Help with the following problem will be appreciated.

We intend to place radio buttons, check boxes and frames on a vb6 form.
Sadly, these controls have a grey background and/or a grey area around the
control. We seem to be unable to get rid of that background. We search for a
way to have the same kind of option button (etc.) as you have in Access97.

We tried MSDN, Web, Usenet, and employed VB and API calls to no avail.

Aaron.

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent background for radio button
If your form does not have a background picture, I guess this code is the
quick way round the problem.

Private Sub Form_Load()
    For q = 0 To Me.Controls.Count - 1
        If TypeOf Me.Controls(q) Is OptionButton Then
Me.Controls(q).BackColor = Me.BackColor
    Next q
End Sub

HansR

Quote:
> Help with the following problem will be appreciated.

> We intend to place radio buttons, check boxes and frames on a vb6 form.
> Sadly, these controls have a grey background and/or a grey area around the
> control. We seem to be unable to get rid of that background. We search for
> way to have the same kind of option button (etc.) as you have in Access97.

> We tried MSDN, Web, Usenet, and employed VB and API calls to no avail.

> Aaron.

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent background for radio button
Hans,

yes, we do employ background pictures because our customer asks us to do so.
"Me.BackColor" is no option, then.

Aaron.

Quote:
> If your form does not have a background picture, I guess this code is the
> quick way round the problem.

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     For q = 0 To Me.Controls.Count - 1
>         If TypeOf Me.Controls(q) Is OptionButton Then
> Me.Controls(q).BackColor = Me.BackColor
>     Next q
> End Sub

> HansR

Quote:
> If your form does not have a background picture, I guess this code is the
> quick way round the problem.

> Private Sub Form_Load()
>     For q = 0 To Me.Controls.Count - 1
>         If TypeOf Me.Controls(q) Is OptionButton Then
> Me.Controls(q).BackColor = Me.BackColor
>     Next q
> End Sub

> HansR

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent background for radio button
You could make it a label (which can be transparent) next to a small
checkbox(just the square) and put the text in the label instead. Same for
the option buttons. Hope this helps

--
Just My humble opinion
Richie V.

> Hans,

> yes, we do employ background pictures because our customer asks us to do
so.
> "Me.BackColor" is no option, then.

> Aaron.

> > If your form does not have a background picture, I guess this code is
the
> > quick way round the problem.

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> >     For q = 0 To Me.Controls.Count - 1
> >         If TypeOf Me.Controls(q) Is OptionButton Then
> > Me.Controls(q).BackColor = Me.BackColor
> >     Next q
> > End Sub

> > HansR

> > If your form does not have a background picture, I guess this code is
the
> > quick way round the problem.

> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> >     For q = 0 To Me.Controls.Count - 1
> >         If TypeOf Me.Controls(q) Is OptionButton Then
> > Me.Controls(q).BackColor = Me.BackColor
> >     Next q
> > End Sub

> > HansR

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent background for radio button
If you have Access installed, you can include the access controls in
your projects by adding the "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library" .  Use
this version of the radio or checkbox control and they have the
backstyle property that can be set to transparent.

Quote:
> Help with the following problem will be appreciated.

> We intend to place radio buttons, check boxes and frames on a vb6
form.
> Sadly, these controls have a grey background and/or a grey area around
the
> control. We seem to be unable to get rid of that background. We search
for a
> way to have the same kind of option button (etc.) as you have in
Access97.

> We tried MSDN, Web, Usenet, and employed VB and API calls to no avail.

> Aaron.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent background for radio button
We use Sheridan's Threed 2.0 controls.  They have Transparent
PictureBox controls, Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, Frames, you name it.

Quote:
> Help with the following problem will be appreciated.

> We intend to place radio buttons, check boxes and frames on a vb6 form.
> Sadly, these controls have a grey background and/or a grey area around the
> control. We seem to be unable to get rid of that background. We search for
> way to have the same kind of option button (etc.) as you have in Access97.

> We tried MSDN, Web, Usenet, and employed VB and API calls to no avail.

> Aaron.

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Transparent Radio Button

2. Making Radio Buttons, check boxes , and Frames Transparent

3. Transparent radio button?

4. Transparent radio button

5. Radio Button Background Color

6. Transparent background in buttons

7. Transparent Background for Button/Check Controls

8. Buttons with transparent background for menu bar?

9. Disable button and change button value at radio

10. Setting button background colour on toolbar buttons...

11. Problem with Excel 97 ActiveX radio buttons

12. Black blob in radio button