comboBox _Change event bug????
Author Message
 comboBox _Change event bug????

The _Change event doesn't seem to trigger for dropdown comboBoxes I'm using
(VB5.0 SP3).

Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something really dumb???

...Rad

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 comboBox _Change event bug????

Quote:

> The _Change event doesn't seem to trigger for dropdown comboBoxes I'm using
> (VB5.0 SP3).

> Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something really dumb???

You should use the _Click event. _Change is for "Normal" combos (the
ones you can type in), and fires when the text property changes (ie you
type something in it).

--
Ade.
--

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 comboBox _Change event bug????

Rad,

Check the Style property of your ComboBox.  If it's set to "2 - DropDown", then
your user can't type directly into the field, so it never receives a _Change
Event.  Use the _Click Event instead.

HTH,
    Phill  W.

Quote:

> The _Change event doesn't seem to trigger for dropdown comboBoxes I'm using
> (VB5.0 SP3).

> Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something really dumb???

> ...Rad

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 comboBox _Change event bug????

Quote:
> The _Change event doesn't seem to trigger for dropdown comboBoxes I'm
using
> (VB5.0 SP3).

Change fires when you type in the textbox part of the control
Click fires when you select an existing entry from the drop-down listbox
part

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 comboBox _Change event bug????
Others have already answered this. I just wanted to add:
Don't feel dumb about it. A lot of us have made that same mistake. The event
name _is_ kind of misleading in this context.

/Gunnar

Quote:

> The _Change event doesn't seem to trigger for dropdown comboBoxes I'm using
> (VB5.0 SP3).

> Is this a known issue? Or am I doing something really dumb???

> ...Rad

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 comboBox _Change event bug????
Thanks, guys-- I appreciate it...

...Rad

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ComboBox Change Event Does not fire when user changes selection

2. commandbar combobox and its change event

3. commandbar combobox and its change event

4. Help: Losing ComboBox Change event in UserControl OCX

5. Combobox control, change event

6. Change event (combobox)

7. ComboBox Change Event

8. ComboBox Change event

9. ComboBox Change event

10. Combobox List Change Event

11. combobox style2 change event

12. Speaking of Combobox Change Events...