Some Help Verr much Appreciated (Modal Dialog and unmoveable windows )
Author Message
 Some Help Verr much Appreciated (Modal Dialog and unmoveable windows )

Hi everyone
I have prepared a simple application in this department to help research
students to collect data for their experiments with speach imaired patients.
This application works with a touch-sensetive screen and when the patient
touches the title bar of the main window or the operator uses the mouse, the
main window moves unintentionally and makes a mess in the application.
I would appreciate if any of the VB experts would recommed a way to stop a
maximized window from moving att all (Move method disabled). Removing the
title bar all together is acceptable and even better.
I also need to make couple of windows modan (not hiding behind other windows
unless a control  like cancel or ok is pressed). I don't use MDI application
and all windows are dependent windowd.
The application is developed for VB3.
Thanks a lot for you help and concern.
Regards
Reza Oskouie
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------+
|  Reza Oskouie   Tel: (+44)  0114-22 22412       E-mail:

|  Address: Dept. of Human Communication Sciences, The University  of
Sheffield
|                 18 Claremont Crescent   Sheffield    S10 2TA
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------+

Sun, 26 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Some Help Verr much Appreciated (Modal Dialog and unmoveable windows )

Quote:

>Hi everyone
>I have prepared a simple application in this department to help research
>students to collect data for their experiments with speach imaired patients.
>This application works with a touch-sensetive screen and when the patient
>touches the title bar of the main window or the operator uses the mouse, the
>main window moves unintentionally and makes a mess in the application.
>I would appreciate if any of the VB experts would recommed a way to stop a
>maximized window from moving att all (Move method disabled). Removing the
>title bar all together is acceptable and even better.

I think this is available in an API call, but I don't remember what it
is.

Quote:
>I also need to make couple of windows modan (not hiding behind other windows
>unless a control  like cancel or ok is pressed).

Get the screensaver WINLOCK from the VB3 source page at my home page.
It uses a modal window.

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Get PR-Tracker -- tracks problem reports, defects, bugs
INFORMATION:  http://www.prtracker.com/info.html
DOWNLOAD:     http://www.prtracker.com/download.html

Tue, 28 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. modal , no modal and NO NO modal window

2. Making Modal Window Minimize Like a Non-Modal Window

3. Access/VBS/modal dialog windows

4. Modal dialog window

5. Most down window shows up with modal dialog

6. can you call window.open from modal dialog?

7. Modal Common Dialog Boxes using Windows API Calls

8. Dialog Boxes - Application Modal vs. System Modal

9. closing chains of modal dialogs... - modal [1/1]

10. Modal Dialogs and Arrays as Dialog Arguments

11. Posting a form from a modal dialog to a IFRAME in the Dialog

12. Modal dialogs and a control with a dialog