Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.
Author Message
 Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

Quote:
>Subject Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

>The offending combo box is in a modal form, on top of a mdi child form,
>on top of the mdi parent.

>And the problem seems to be related to the video driver used.

If the control wont refresh properly, try either new video drivers,
change to the standard ones to at least test your hypothesis, or
maybe try a couple of refresh events, etc to try to remove the
inappropriate control drawing.

Carl Swanson

Thu, 07 Aug 1997 06:12:12 GMT
 Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

Quote:

>Subject: Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.
>Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 13:15:33 +1300
>Subject :Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.
>Hi there VB users,
>I have a problem with my VB application, and would like to know if
>anyone else has this problem, and if there is a solution/workaround.
>When I open a Dropdown list (combo box) and select an item, the list
>should go away right?
>Well It sort of goes away, but some of it remains on my screen.
>The offending combo box is in a modal form, on top of a mdi child form,
>on top of the mdi parent.
>And the problem seems to be related to the video driver used.
>Any suggestions greatfully accepted .........

I've heard that screen repainting problems like this are a sure sign of
Windows running out of memory...... Not sure about this but maybe shut down
any other processes & see if it still happens.

Fri, 08 Aug 1997 09:12:05 GMT
 Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

Quote:

>>Subject Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

>>The offending combo box is in a modal form, on top of a mdi child form,
>>on top of the mdi parent.

>>And the problem seems to be related to the video driver used.
>If the control wont refresh properly, try either new video drivers,
>change to the standard ones to at least test your hypothesis, or
>maybe try a couple of refresh events, etc to try to remove the
>inappropriate control drawing.

This can be caused by populating the combo box in the got_focus event rather
than the dropdown event.

Chuck Stuart - Mesquite TX USA
VBTrace 2.00 is a runtime Procedure Trace/XReference/Debug/Profiler and
much more tool for VB and is now in beta. Download beta version 2.00.10
from ftp.apexsc.com/pub/cgvb/visitor.

Fri, 08 Aug 1997 19:36:29 GMT

1. Close from Control Box Doesn't Close Application

2. Combo Box won't dropdown on form open

3. Find on combo box doesn't work

4. Combo box in Access doesn't work in VB

5. Combo Box Change Event Doesn't Work

6. combo box doesn't paint

7. dropdown on the fly, doesn't seem to do an AutoPostBack

8. dropdown on the fly, doesn't seem to do an AutoPostBack

9. Sheridan grid + dropdown: Edit doesn't work

10. 97, Combo box, Dropdown problem.

11. how to set read only a dropdown combo box

12. Default value for dropdown combo list box?