masked box and phone number
Author Message
 masked box and phone number

Hi All,
     using vb6 pro. I have a masked box for a phone number. the mask is
"(###) ###-####" I Place the default area code in the masked box so the
user
doesnt have to enter it every time like so:

mskPhoneNumber.Text = "(716)"
mskPhoneNumber.SelStart = 6
mskPhoneNumber.SetFocus

Question:
 If the last 4 digits of the phone number are known, how do I place them
in
my masked box so the user doesnt have to type them.
Should look like this example below with the cursor placed in position
for
the entry of the first 3 digits after the area code. I tried everything
and
cant get the last 4 digits in the correct location in the mask.

(716) ___-5487

Thanks John

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 masked box and phone number
Use a mask like this:

(716) ###-5487

If you want a 9 in the number, you have to precede it with \ as in

(70\9) ###-5\97\9

On Sun, 23 May 1999 10:43:46 -0400, "John J. Guarnieri"

Quote:

>Hi All,
>     using vb6 pro. I have a masked box for a phone number. the mask is
>"(###) ###-####" I Place the default area code in the masked box so the
>user
>doesnt have to enter it every time like so:

>mskPhoneNumber.Text = "(716)"
>mskPhoneNumber.SelStart = 6
>mskPhoneNumber.SetFocus

>Question:
> If the last 4 digits of the phone number are known, how do I place them
>in
>my masked box so the user doesnt have to type them.
>Should look like this example below with the cursor placed in position
>for
>the entry of the first 3 digits after the area code. I tried everything
>and
>cant get the last 4 digits in the correct location in the mask.

>(716) ___-5487

>Thanks John

Paul Hewson  paulh(a)vif.*Delete*This*.com
  e-mail altered to foil auto-spammers

Recursive, adj.; see Recursive

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBScript - Masking a phone number to (XXX) XXX-XXXX

2. Input Masking for phone number fields

3. Formatting a Text Box for phone numbers

4. mask for floating-point number text box?

5. Aligning numbers in mask edit box.

6. Data Entry Masks Without Masked Edit Box

7. Masked Edit Box and Control Masking

8. Setting Mask Edit Box Mask ?

9. default area code with an phone mask

10. Masked Box and Text Box

11. Combo Box and Masked Edit Box rules

12. Help: Masked Box and Text Box on Same Screen