Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box
Author Message
 Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box

How do you make text wrap in a rich text box control (VB5). I've got the
MultiLine property set to true and the Scrollbars property set to 2
(vertical only). The text still does not wrap?

What do I need to do?!
TIA

--
James Robinson
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box

RichTextBox :
The RightMargin property is used to set the right most limit for
text wrapping, centering, and indentation

Thu, 05 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box

Quote:
> RichTextBox :
> The RightMargin property is used to set the right most limit for
> text wrapping, centering, and indentation

I've set that to 0, which should mean it just wraps at the right edge of the
textbox. Still no joy though!

Aggh!

--
James Robinson
http://www.james-r.co.uk

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box
Not sure James, but I think the RightMargin value is measured in twips.
Thus, a value of 0 wouldn't make a lot of sense. Try a value just less than
the RichTextBox width. In any event, I too have trouble with this one, but
manage with a little trial and error.

Quote:

>> RichTextBox :
>> The RightMargin property is used to set the right most limit for
>> text wrapping, centering, and indentation

>I've set that to 0, which should mean it just wraps at the right edge of
the
>textbox. Still no joy though!

>Aggh!

>--
>James Robinson
>http://www.james-r.co.uk

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Wrapping in Rich Text Box

When calculating a value for the RightMargin property, you must
take in to account the width of the borders of the RichTextBox
control if BorderStyle is set to rtfFixedSingle.

BUG: Rich Text Box Control Does Not Word Wrap
Last reviewed: May 4, 1998
Article ID: Q167106
Microsoft Visual Basic Control Creation, Learning, Professional,
and
Enterprise Editions for Windows, version 5.0

SYMPTOMS
Setting the Multiline property of a Rich Text Box control to True
does
not behave as expected. By setting Multiline to True, words
should wrap
when they are typed or displayed in a Rich Text Box control.
However,
they do not.

CAUSE
This behavior occurs only if the RightMargin property of the Rich
Text
Box control is set to 0. However, the Help file topic for the
RightMargin property of the RichTextBox control incorrectly
states the
following:

   The default for the RightMargin property is 0 and will cause
the
   control to set text wrapping equal to the right-most part of
the
   RichTextBox control so all text is viewable.

RESOLUTION
To work around this behavior, set the RightMargin property to a
value
greater than zero. To get the Multiline behavior to work as
expected,
set the RightMargin property equal to or slightly less than the
Width
property of the Rich Text Box control.

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wrapping text around a bmp image in the rich text editor

2. Rich Edit Box text wrapping

3. RICH TEXT BOX WORD WRAP

4. RICH TEXT BOX WORD WRAP

5. Rich Text Box Word Wrap

6. Word wrap in a rich text box (VB5)

7. Text Box/Rich Edit Control Disabling Word Wrap

8. Rich Text Box - Why is it wrapping lines?

9. No wrap in Rich Text Box

10. Rich Text Box Word Wrap

11. Rich Text Box color and line wrapping problems in VB5

12. No wrap in Rich Text Box