MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts
Author Message
 MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

I'm developing a generic application builder & I'm trying to get away
with as little forms as possible - preferably one!

The problems I am running into at the moment relate to VB form (&
control) properties that can't be changed at run-time.  I am hoping
there might be windows api calls that can answer the following
questions;

1) Is it possible to turn a std VB form into a MDI Parent form?

2) Can a non .mdichild form be turned into a mdichild at run-time?

related to this theme do you know if its possible to change the .style
property of a combo box?

thanks in anticipation

regards,

Mitch Olson

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

Quote:

>1) Is it possible to turn a std VB form into a MDI Parent form?

No.

Quote:
>2) Can a non .mdichild form be turned into a mdichild at run-time?
>related to this theme do you know if its possible to change the .style
>property of a combo box?

No.

That was easy. :-)

John

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

Quote:

> I'm developing a generic application builder & I'm trying to get away
> with as little forms as possible - preferably one!

> The problems I am running into at the moment relate to VB form (&
> control) properties that can't be changed at run-time.  I am hoping
> there might be windows api calls that can answer the following
> questions;

> 1) Is it possible to turn a std VB form into a MDI Parent form?

Why have it as a standard one to start with?  If you only want one form, then
there's not much point in an MDI!

Quote:

> 2) Can a non .mdichild form be turned into a mdichild at run-time?

> related to this theme do you know if its possible to change the .style
> property of a combo box?

Have more than one, all of which mirror each other's contents, then use the
.visible properties to select the combobox.

Quote:

--
I've got more important things to do than a {*filter*}y .sig file, alright?!

Tom Wheeley

Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

Quote:

says:

> >1) Is it possible to turn a std VB form into a MDI Parent form?

> No.

> >2) Can a non .mdichild form be turned into a mdichild at run-time?
> >related to this theme do you know if its possible to change the .style
> >property of a combo box?

> No.

Yes. You can't do it directly as you wanted, but you can make one form
parent to a another by using the SetParent API function.

Quote:

> That was easy. :-)

> John

Jens

Mon, 29 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question for VB and WIN API Experts

2. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed

3. Questions for VB4 Experts: Fake MDI

4. MDI Question for the experts

5. WIN API Question On VB

6. Win API Call not working in vb.net app distributed to WIn 98

7. Question for API expert

8. EXPERT VB : ListView API

9. {VB WIN PRO 3.0} MDI Problems...

10. How to locate a resource (a question for win.api gurus)

11. network share connect with WNetAddConnection2A API function on Win 98 question

12. Win API question. Hard drive ID.