VB Newline or VbCr
Author Message
 VB Newline or VbCr

I am trying to use the newline feature (if available) in a text box, but to
no avail.

Could some kind person please send me a snippet of code showing how to use
it properly, and yes I have tried for hours to get the info from the
manual.....

What I have tried is:  Text1.text="hello there!" , vbnewline, "how are you"
and all other combos of such.

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Newline or VbCr
Hello, Sleeper..

Try this instead:

    Text1.Text = "Hello there!" & vbNewLine & "How are you?"

Also remember to set the MultiLine = True in the properties of the Text-box

HTH
Stig Joar Sanden

ICQ: 13557997

Sleeper skrev i meldingen ...

Quote:
>I am trying to use the newline feature (if available) in a text box, but to
>no avail.

>Could some kind person please send me a snippet of code showing how to use
>it properly, and yes I have tried for hours to get the info from the
>manual.....

>What I have tried is:  Text1.text="hello there!" , vbnewline, "how are you"
>and all other combos of such.

>Thanks in advance.

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Newline or VbCr
Ahhh ...  Just one more "&" and I would have had it!
Thanks so much for the help!

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Newline or VbCr

Quote:
>I am trying to use the newline feature (if available) in a text box, but to
>no avail.

>What I have tried is:  Text1.text="hello there!" , vbnewline, "how are you"
>and all other combos of such.

Just starting with VB myself, so can't really tell you much about this
one, but I used vbCrLf (instead of VbNewLine) to force
linefeeds/newlines in a text box.

-Bill

--->Double check the address when replying!<---

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Newline or VbCr

Quote:

>I am trying to use the newline feature (if available) in a text box, but to
>no avail.

>Could some kind person please send me a snippet of code showing how to use
>it properly, and yes I have tried for hours to get the info from the
>manual.....

>What I have tried is:  Text1.text="hello there!" , vbnewline, "how are you"
>and all other combos of such.

Text1.Text = "hello there!" & vbNewLine & "how are you"

Make sure the Multiline property of the textbox is set to True.

Lee Weiner
weiner AT fuse DOT net
http://home.fuse.net/lweiner

Fri, 09 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3.0 vbcr constant equivalent of VB 4.0

2. Is it possible to use VB to delete newline characters in a Word document

3. VB 4.OText Box - Text Wrap/Forced Newline

4. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr

5. vbCr and word

6. vbcr

7. When vbCr and when vbCrLf?

8. How to remove ControlChars (Vbcr)

9. Text box ignores vbcr

10. Inserting Returns with code vbCr or Chr(13)

11. vbcr , str$ , option Explicit

12. vbCR and vbLf