pdf file viewing and cmd button
Author Message
 pdf file viewing and cmd button

Anybody know how to put a cmd button on a pdf file or load a pdf file on
a form.
Thanks
Mike DeBerry

Tue, 11 May 2004 01:15:26 GMT
 pdf file viewing and cmd button
Mike,
I was recently involved in a project where we displayed PDF documents,
but we let the Adobe Acrobat reader open PDF files so that we could
take advantage of the features/buttons offered by the native software.

Does your project just not want the PDF document to open in a new
window? Details would be appreciated.
-Murf

Wed, 12 May 2004 23:03:11 GMT
 pdf file viewing and cmd button
Put a Command button and a "Acrobat Control for ActiveX" on your form.
If it's not in the components list, and you have installed Acrobat Reader in
the default location, you can find it in:
"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Reader\ActiveX\pdf.ocx"

Use the folowing code:
=====================================
Option Explicit

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass
    Pdf1.LoadFile "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 4.0\Help\ENU\Reader.pdf"
    Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Command1.Caption = "Open file"
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Resize()
    Command1.Move (Me.ScaleWidth - Command1.Width) / 2, Me.ScaleHeight -
Command1.Height - 60
    Pdf1.Move 0, 0, Me.ScaleWidth, Command1.Top - 60
End Sub
=====================================

Hope this helps,
Johan.

Quote:
> Anybody know how to put a cmd button on a pdf file or load a pdf file on
> a form.
> Thanks
> Mike DeBerry

Thu, 13 May 2004 23:53:10 GMT
 pdf file viewing and cmd button
I am creating a procedure (help) file to go with this project. The help file
is written in word and in this file is 2 cmd buttons per page.
The first button plays a short video or displays a jpeg to help clarify the
page. The second button opens notepad/wordpad or some
editor that allows the operator to type company specific notes and save
them. All this works fine the problem is when I open a
word document on differtent computer the text and pictures in the main doc
sometimes position themselves differently and{*filter*}up the
doc viewing. To avoid this I thought I could make them a PDF and freeze the
page. Problem is I need the 2 cmd buttons for the video and
editor. Hope the following is clear seeing how its early monday after
thanksgiving.

Mike DeBerry

Quote:
> Mike,
> I was recently involved in a project where we displayed PDF documents,
> but we let the Adobe Acrobat reader open PDF files so that we could
> take advantage of the features/buttons offered by the native software.

> Does your project just not want the PDF document to open in a new
> window? Details would be appreciated.
> -Murf

Fri, 14 May 2004 19:49:39 GMT

1. Viewing PDF files

2. How to view PDF files in VB

3. Viewing PDF files in VB 6.0

4. I want to view a .pdf file in a form

5. How to view PDF files in VB?

6. viewing dxf files and conversion in pdf

7. OCX for Viewing, Printing, Maybe Making PDF Files

8. after pdf Export with Crystal - pdf File isn't able to use default Font

9. not allowing viewers to print PDF and also to protect PDF files with password

10. Cmd Button On Ms Access Form

11. a cmd button in an item to open/create a word .dot

12. vba (cmd button link to IE)