Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN
Author Message
 Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

Context Sensitive Help (F1) was not working for me in Visual Studio.
Here's the info for how I fixed it:

F1 link between Visual Studio and MSDN:  Both must be installed while
logged on as the same user that will use them, NOT the administrator.
If either is installed using a different userid, the F1 linkage does
not work.  This is probably due to a registry setting during the
installs.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 02:32:16 GMT
 Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

Quote:

> Context Sensitive Help (F1) was not working for me in Visual Studio.
> Here's the info for how I fixed it:

> F1 link between Visual Studio and MSDN:  Both must be installed while
> logged on as the same user that will use them, NOT the administrator.
> If either is installed using a different userid, the F1 linkage does
> not work.  This is probably due to a registry setting during the
> installs.

In Visual Studio, go into Tools, Options, Help System Tab.  Make sure
that your selections are correct.  That should fix any linkage problems.

--
Michael Dunn (Microsoft MVP) is a TAPI Developer and Tester
TAPI web page:  http://members.home.net/tapifaq/tapi.htm

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:17:22 GMT
 Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

Quote:

> > Context Sensitive Help (F1) was not working for me in Visual Studio.
> > Here's the info for how I fixed it:

> > F1 link between Visual Studio and MSDN:  Both must be installed while
> > logged on as the same user that will use them, NOT the administrator.
> > If either is installed using a different userid, the F1 linkage does
> > not work.  This is probably due to a registry setting during the
> > installs.

> In Visual Studio, go into Tools, Options, Help System Tab.  Make sure
> that your selections are correct.  That should fix any linkage problems.

"Tools, Options, Help System Tab" didn't work.  That's when I found
the install solution.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 13:12:04 GMT

1. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

2. F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms

3. context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus

4. When pressing F1 the error: The MSDN collection does not exist, Please install MSDN

5. context sensitive help will not work

6. context sensitive help will not work

7. Visual Studio Install/MSDN Help won't install

8. Context sensitive help in WinHelp -Help

9. Help with Help Files and Context Sensitive IDs

10. Context-Sensitive Help with MS HTML Help

11. Help on context sensitive on help file please!

12. CONTEXT SENSITIVE HELP HELP.......