Package and Deployment VB6.0 Question
Author Message
 Package and Deployment VB6.0 Question

I've released a VB 5.0 application about 6 months ago to several clients.  I
need to update this application (1 executable) but I am now using VB 6.0.  I
was planning to use the Package and Deployment wizard but was not sure if
this would cause any problems.  It seems to work but adds a second entry in
the "Add/Remove Programs" for uninstalls.  I was also planning on just
copying the updated exe but the client systems do not have the VB6.0 runtime
files.

Can I use the Package and Deployment Wizard in this manner?
Can I suppress the 2nd entry in the "Add/Remove Programs"?

Thanks for the help

Dan

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Package and Deployment VB6.0 Question
The entries within the Add/Remove Programs list are just retrieved from
someplace in the registry (do a search for one of your listed items to find
the location).  Anyway, you could either delete it after installation by
your program, or I just recommend that you use the SETUP1 project that ships
with VB so that you can customize your Setup in any way you desire.

Anyway, don't just copy the updated exe.  As you've mentioned you will at
the very least also need to install the VB6 runtime.

--
Howard Henry 'Gawyn Ballpeen' Schlunder
Gawyn Developments; Core developer

Quote:
> I've released a VB 5.0 application about 6 months ago to several clients.
> need to update this application (1 executable) but I am now using VB 6.0.
> was planning to use the Package and Deployment wizard but was not sure if
> this would cause any problems.  It seems to work but adds a second entry
in
> the "Add/Remove Programs" for uninstalls.  I was also planning on just
> copying the updated exe but the client systems do not have the VB6.0
runtime
> files.

> Can I use the Package and Deployment Wizard in this manner?
> Can I suppress the 2nd entry in the "Add/Remove Programs"?

> Thanks for the help

> Dan

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Package and Deployment VB6.0 Question
We use the VB deployment in VB6 with no problems, but had to upgrade to the
latest service pack first as there are bugs in the first release.

--
Regards

Tom
http://www.tigerbites.com/

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Package & Deployment Wizard Questions (VB6)

2. Question about VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard

3. VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard Question

4. about the Package and Deployment Wizard (VB6)

5. VB6 and Package & Deployment Wizard

6. VB6:Using Package & Deployment Wizard

7. VB6 (SP5): Package and Deployment Wizard Dependency File

8. VB6 SP3 - Package and Deployment

9. VB6: Package/Deployment wizard bug?

10. VB6 Package and deployment wizard

11. vb6 package and deployment wizard problem

12. Problem in VB6 Package and Deployment Wizard